AVG Colors Question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, I guess that in North Africa there might have been some repainted in actual sand/brown colors. Not that I can recall seeing any.

Here is a sad case. A "craftsman built and detailed" model for sale on ebay. Not as bad a mistake as painting a real one, though. I wonder where the term "sand and spinach ever came from?

P-400Built.jpg

By the same token, I suspect the "Sand and Spinach" description was an attempt to clean up what the Green and Earth scheme really looked like, which is more like "Green and uh, Feces."

While the BF-109's in the BoB were mainly more or less a blue color, the Germans decided to paint one in more brown type camo to see if it hid their airplanes better when looking from above. Galland took off in the repainted109 and heard Molders giving a lecture to some new pilots over the radio on how to stalk a Hurricane. Suddenly he realized that HE was flying the "Hurricane" that Molders was about to shoot down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back