AviaQuiz (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yepp, it's the Lysander. Sometimes you know them on first sight.

Krabat

Interesting, I never changed my answer to include Sotka, not because I didn't believe you, just laziness, and they still put me on the 'correct' list. Nice one.

Good and easy this time though eh?

Hello guys,

Thank you for playing AviaQuiz. I am the original author of AviaQuiz and my company sponsors it, though Morten, who is not really part of the company other than graciously serving as AviaQuiz volunteer manager, now adds the questions and manually checks the guesses every so often.

While of course I'm happy to see you guys enjoying AviaQuiz, I'd ask you to, in the spirit of healthy competion, to refrain from posting answers or guesses to active questions regularly. Discussion here and there (as seems to be mostly the case so far) is of course fine, but please always remember to judiciously consider "good sportsmanship" when deciding whether or not to post here or elsewhere about a current quiz image.

For example, I think the recent posts the Lysander here is not really appropriate, as there is no real "discussion" or questioning, but only showing off the right answer, thus spoiling the competitive element, even if it happens to be an easy question.

A few general notes:

1. there may be a few airliners.net photos in AQ, but likely not too many. Airliners.Net is not a major source of photos for us (or, at least, it shouldn't normally be - maybe Morten has used a few from there, but at least when I added photos they were not often from there) and there is no particular policy to use Airliners.net descriptions for image names (again, unless morten has been doing this recently, though I suspect this is just a coincidence).

2. sorry for the typos and things. it happens.

3. i dont know how morten does things now, but since despite our exhortations many players tend to ignore our rules and don't check their spelling very carefullyl when making guesses, i just go with the policy that "if it seems that the person knows the correct aircraft, they are marked correct."

4. i know the score displays and so forth can be improved. they will be.. eventually. as you may recall, we use AQ as a training ground for new programmers when the opportunity arises.

many thanks for playing AviaQuiz!

AC

Hello guys,

Thank you for playing AviaQuiz. I am the original author of AviaQuiz and my company sponsors it, though Morten, who is not really part of the company other than graciously serving as AviaQuiz volunteer manager, now adds the questions and manually checks the guesses every so often.

While of course I'm happy to see you guys enjoying AviaQuiz, I'd ask you to, in the spirit of healthy competion, to refrain from posting answers or guesses to active questions regularly. Discussion here and there (as seems to be mostly the case so far) is of course fine, but please always remember to judiciously consider "good sportsmanship" when deciding whether or not to post here or elsewhere about a current quiz image.

For example, I think the recent posts the Lysander here is not really appropriate, as there is no real "discussion" or questioning, but only showing off the right answer, thus spoiling the competitive element, even if it happens to be an easy question.

A few general notes:

1. there may be a few airliners.net photos in AQ, but likely not too many. Airliners.Net is not a major source of photos for us (or, at least, it shouldn't normally be - maybe Morten has used a few from there, but at least when I added photos they were not often from there) and there is no particular policy to use Airliners.net descriptions for image names (again, unless morten has been doing this recently, though I suspect this is just a coincidence).

2. sorry for the typos and things. it happens.

3. i dont know how morten does things now, but since despite our exhortations many players tend to ignore our rules and don't check their spelling very carefullyl when making guesses, i just go with the policy that "if it seems that the person knows the correct aircraft, they are marked correct."

4. i know the score displays and so forth can be improved. they will be.. eventually. as you may recall, we use AQ as a training ground for new programmers when the opportunity arises.

many thanks for playing AviaQuiz! I apologize if i do not see or respond further in this thread (though i will try) as real work awaits... :)

AC

Yes, I see you point, maybe we could just give each other gentle pointers if we need them rather than flat out posting the answers, although they can only be what we think the answer is, so if we are wrong and somebody else 'copies' us its their look out :)

In the new spirit of not spoiling it (hopefully) I'm just going to say that I'll be Defiant as this new picture ain't no Aardvark.

Cryptic or obvious?

In the new spirit of not spoiling it (hopefully)
Cryptic or obvious?

A little like television Wayne? If you're offended, change the channel-don't watch...:|

The better looking model (IMO) was the P.120 which had a broad squared off fin and a t-tail but was otherwise identical except for beiong painted in the reverse colours of the P.111, black with a yellow cheat line. This one, however, did crash.

The image has changed again and I (hope I) got this one pretty quickly as well, having a good run on these last few after the Sotka bamboozled me.

For a sort of cryptic clue I might say, er, 'Ah! Geoffrey, what a musical little bird'. But you might need to understand my mentality to get the reference, or be familiar with 'Uncle Roger's' page in Flight International :)

Your hint is great, Graeme. I can's stop laughing.:lol: :lol: :lol:

And Waynos, thanks for the "Geoffrey". Wasn't one of them killed in the DH108? Now the circle is closed again. :lol:

Krabat

Hello.
My name is Morten F. Mørch
and I'm the maker of the Dauntless AviaQuiz at the moment.

A lot of honest players have told me about this forum.
They also tells me they don't like what you are doing.
Maybe you know a little about airplanes,
but you don't know much about playing fair games.

Either you know the correct answer of our quiz at once,
or you are searching for several hours trying to find it,
I think you are a looser if you have to get it from this forum.
Are you a honest avia quiz player, or just a cheater ?
Please ask yourselves what you want to be.

I think you are doing sabotage against a very good quiz.
and I think you should leave the game or stop this, at once.

Morten F. Mørch
Dauntless AviaQuiz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back