AviaQuiz

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know what you mean, I've been scratching my head for days and all I could come up with was 'a reduced navy order of battle', which is, frankly, crap. I even forgot to post my answer! :)

And now he's nicking them from our own thread! Good on yer Morten, keep it up son. There is a great mine of pictures there for you.

Heh, one we've recently done in the identification thread. ;)

getimage.jpg

Oh, missed that, but what I'm curious about is what to actually designate it. (the a/c the mock-up was built from would be the only thing to make sense as the twin engine craft the mock-up was to be of didn't get an official designation -proabavly a project designation, but it was canceled with nothing more than the converted a/c for the mock-up- and it certainly didn't get a name)

It was kind of inevitable that there'd be a commonality betwwen the other thread and the quiz eventually in a similar time period. Particularly as in this case that's the only know picture.

Main Aircraft Page

I wasn't complaining Morten, just being ironic. After all, there are only so many planes in the world :)

You've done me good and proper with the current one Morten. I was thinking USN, and maybe Douglas, but I really don't know what it is.

Well, I didn't get that one at all, but I got the next one all right. And now I think we may be looking at a Viking. No, not the name of the plane, but maybe a first millenium northerner?

At first, I was completely disoriented with the last one
And now I think we may be looking at a Viking. No, not the name of the plane, but maybe a first millenium northerner?
The engine cowling is not the original of this tourism monoplane, but a detail in the leading edge of the plane is a telltelling one...
If you need more hints, please, ask.

The parasol reminds me of the Lockheed Air Express (sort of a parasol Vega), and blue-nosed ship I think is an Me/Bf-108 (or one of its foreign-built versions). In fact, if it's the 108 that was at Rhein-Mein/Frankfurt Flugplatz, it's the same one my wife pointed to and said "Build me an R/C version of that!"

(I persuaded her that the narrow-track landing gear made it a bad idea!)

CD

If my cryptic hint didn't give the game away maybe I'm wrong? I am pretty convinced it is French (and the hint was in 'north' and 'first millenium')

Not correct?

edit to add;

Cryptc clues be blowed, this now demands open discussion.

I have found what I believe to be the original image on Airliners.net. On there it is wrongly marked out as a Bf 108, but the cowling clearly identifies it as the postwar French model, Nord 1002, which was the ID I was hinting at. Now I'm wondering whether to keep my answer as what it is, or change it to what it is pretending to be/what Morten might think it is?

Now I'm wondering whether to keep my answer as what it is, or change it to what it is pretending to be/what Morten might think it is?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I'm looking for images to the quiz,
I have to be ware of that, Waynos.
Many airplanes are built at differt manufactures,
and it's my job to work that out 100 % before you get the quiz.

If you wish to answer Bf 108 and that airplane is also built somewhere else,
then both answers might be correct.

I think you all should know that.
And : I'm a fair guy. :angel:

And remember : I have not said it's a Bf 108 or something like that.

I'm doing my best to make difficult enough quizes to you, but that's difficult !
Some of you players are real good.

Good luck with this quiz and the next ones.

Love from Morten :)
Dauntless AviaQuiz

Without giving away the answer, the full picture includes a plack that clearly shows the manufacturer, so I'm going to go with that version of the aircraft.

Well there's a slat clearly visible on the wing...

But that engine cowling looks a bit different than you normaly see. (possibly re-engined?) Looks more like one for an inverted inline than the inverted Vee usually featured on the 108.

Thanks Morten, thats a good answer, thank you. My panic attack can now subside :)

Flyboy 2, what makes you think the plaque is correct? That was my entire point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back