AviaQuiz

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know what you mean, I've been scratching my head for days and all I could come up with was 'a reduced navy order of battle', which is, frankly, crap. I even forgot to post my answer!

And now he's nicking them from our own thread! Good on yer Morten, keep it up son. There is a great mine of pictures there for you.

Oh, missed that, but what I'm curious about is what to actually designate it. (the a/c the mock-up was built from would be the only thing to make sense as the twin engine craft the mock-up was to be of didn't get an official designation -proabavly a project designation, but it was canceled with nothing more than the converted a/c for the mock-up- and it certainly didn't get a name)

It was kind of inevitable that there'd be a commonality betwwen the other thread and the quiz eventually in a similar time period. Particularly as in this case that's the only know picture.

Main Aircraft Page

I wasn't complaining Morten, just being ironic. After all, there are only so many planes in the world

You've done me good and proper with the current one Morten. I was thinking USN, and maybe Douglas, but I really don't know what it is.

Well, I didn't get that one at all, but I got the next one all right. And now I think we may be looking at a Viking. No, not the name of the plane, but maybe a first millenium northerner?

At first, I was completely disoriented with the last one
And now I think we may be looking at a Viking. No, not the name of the plane, but maybe a first millenium northerner?
The engine cowling is not the original of this tourism monoplane, but a detail in the leading edge of the plane is a telltelling one...
If you need more hints, please, ask.

The parasol reminds me of the Lockheed Air Express (sort of a parasol Vega), and blue-nosed ship I think is an Me/Bf-108 (or one of its foreign-built versions). In fact, if it's the 108 that was at Rhein-Mein/Frankfurt Flugplatz, it's the same one my wife pointed to and said "Build me an R/C version of that!"

(I persuaded her that the narrow-track landing gear made it a bad idea!)

CD

If my cryptic hint didn't give the game away maybe I'm wrong? I am pretty convinced it is French (and the hint was in 'north' and 'first millenium')

Not correct?

edit to add;

Cryptc clues be blowed, this now demands open discussion.

I have found what I believe to be the original image on Airliners.net. On there it is wrongly marked out as a Bf 108, but the cowling clearly identifies it as the postwar French model, Nord 1002, which was the ID I was hinting at. Now I'm wondering whether to keep my answer as what it is, or change it to what it is pretending to be/what Morten might think it is?

Now I'm wondering whether to keep my answer as what it is, or change it to what it is pretending to be/what Morten might think it is?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I'm looking for images to the quiz,
I have to be ware of that, Waynos.
Many airplanes are built at differt manufactures,
and it's my job to work that out 100 % before you get the quiz.

If you wish to answer Bf 108 and that airplane is also built somewhere else,
then both answers might be correct.

I think you all should know that.
And : I'm a fair guy. :angel:

And remember : I have not said it's a Bf 108 or something like that.

I'm doing my best to make difficult enough quizes to you, but that's difficult !
Some of you players are real good.

Good luck with this quiz and the next ones.

Love from Morten
Dauntless AviaQuiz

Without giving away the answer, the full picture includes a plack that clearly shows the manufacturer, so I'm going to go with that version of the aircraft.

Well there's a slat clearly visible on the wing...

But that engine cowling looks a bit different than you normaly see. (possibly re-engined?) Looks more like one for an inverted inline than the inverted Vee usually featured on the 108.

Thanks Morten, thats a good answer, thank you. My panic attack can now subside

Flyboy 2, what makes you think the plaque is correct? That was my entire point.

Users who are viewing this thread