Avro Lancaster NX611 "Just Jane" Virtual Tour

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There are only three Lancasters in the world that are not stationary in a museum:

The BBMF Mk.III PA474, the Canadian Mk.X FM213, and NX611 "Just Jane", the Lancaster shown here.

This virtual tour has been created for the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre in East Kirkby. There are three panoramas from the outside, eight of the inside, from the bomb aimer to the rear gunner, and a high resolution panorama of the Memorial Chapel.

Almost all details are labelled, many explained, just move the mouse cursor over an item of interest.

Click here open the panorama, and switch to full screen mode!
lancaster-nx611-just-jane-virtual-tour-screenshot-900x600.jpg

There will ne small updates in the near future, mainly static photos being added that pop up, together with an explanation, when the mouse cursor is moved over an item of interest.
The latest addition is a view of the drift recorder periscope - the little "thingy" sticking out, in the front view (as seen above), on the starboard side between the bomb bay and the canopy.

If you are interested in future aircraft panoramas, please sign up to my mailing list!

A bit more about the panorama can be found here.

Next to come are a Tiger Moth. If you can think of an aircraft that could benefit from such work, please let me know!

nice work as always harald. I will pass the site to a couple ww2 gaming forums I belong to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back