B-17 fun

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lovely pictures. The B-17 is truley something unique..i fell in love with it at the age 7 when watching the TV-serie " will meet again "
i have not been to EAA since 1993 ( then it was 4 B-17s at the show..aluminum overcast, NineOnine, texas ranger and thunderbird. seeing all 4 taxing ( and hearing..feeling the air shake ) was just awsome..and to see them in formation almost gave me a heartattack :)`
the feeling of flying the B-17 is something else.. one really has to be patient with the lady.. to much rudder and it turns.. as i found out.. i turned..nothing really happened and i turned more and then it came like a lanslide..tried to compensate by turning a bit the other way..nothing happened,, turned more and then i came..to much..so i bicycled quite a bit before i got it right.. but then it was just a dream to fly when one learned to wait for the lady, steady as a mountain

a sad song..that was valid back in the early 80`s..so glad that changed..

10 little fortresses

ten little fortresses, all was going fine
`til one got bombed and then there was nine

nine little fortresses homing rather late
one ran out of gas and then there were eight

Eight little fortresses caught in satan`s heaven
One meet messerschmitts, then there were seven

Seven little fortresses lost without a fix
One hit a hilltop and then there were six

Six little fortresses, one went in a dive
Winding up in the brine, then there were five

Five little fortresses , with one late for war
A prop woulden`t feather, then there were four

Four little fortresses high above the sea
One got its tail knocked off. then there were three

Three little fortresses, looked like winning through
One became a flying bomb, then there were two

Two little fortresses, their combat days done
One wasent safe to fly and then there were one

One little fortress survived for quite a run
the french let it fade away, so there were none

Attachments

• B-17 in fog.jpg
    B-17 in fog.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 140
did you know that the first B-17 bomber that was lost in europa during WW2 was in norway--it was flown by the english.. the early C version,still huge parts laying up there in the mountain..

it was shoot down 8th september 1941 by two Bf 109 T2 from 13/JG 77

thanks for the nice pics. that is really a colourful B-17 :eek:) never seen thatone live.. need to catch up with that one day also

famous last word..

ABORT ?? negative--she`ll smoth out...

Attachments

• D1000046.JPG
    D1000046.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 104
Great pics... The B-17 is truly an elegant beast..

Hey! that's a great name for a B-17.. "Elegant Beast"

i was told when i flew the Liberty belle ( three hrs in the co-pilot seat ) that sticktime has to be outside the program..on ferryflights from one place to another due to insurance.. i goy my sticktime after three days of hard work preparing the lady for a tour !!

Attachments

• formation.jpg
    formation.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 132
the B-17 and the P-51 are the two greatest aircrafts i have flown.. but going to EEA each year--OMG--that is just a dream..here in Norway just seeng a T-6 in the air is rare... i saw you liked Ju 52 so i posted some pics of our Ju 52 on the thred you have regarding Ju 52`s.. i also love that plane..dont know why but its something about it..

the B-17 and the P-51 are the two greatest aircrafts i have flown.. but going to EEA each year--OMG--that is just a dream..here in Norway just seeng a T-6 in the air is rare... i saw you liked Ju 52 so i posted some pics of our Ju 52 on the thred you have regarding Ju 52`s.. i also love that plane..dont know why but its something about it..

To me this is probably the best shot Ive ever taken of the mustang. Though I have tons of pictures on a wide variety of mustangs. Needless to say the sound was something to behold.

Attachments

• scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 135

Users who are viewing this thread

Back