B-17 Manuals (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is the British Pilot's Notes for the B-17G somewhere here? The one covering the operation with electric Minneapolis-Honeywell turbo regulators.

I think these are all new. I hope LOL :)

Attachments

• B-17E Bombardment manual.pdf
    29.5 MB · Views: 137
  • B-17F Field Manual Part 1.pdf
    97.5 MB · Views: 141
  • B-17F Field Manual Part 2.pdf
    32.2 MB · Views: 147
  • B-17F Pilots flight handbook.pdf
    74.6 MB · Views: 125
  • B-17G Field Manual Part 1.pdf
    32.6 MB · Views: 138
  • B-17G Field Manual Part 2.pdf
    32.6 MB · Views: 144
  • Y1B-17 Flight Manual.pdf
    18.8 MB · Views: 129
I think these are all new. I hope LOL :)
Fantastic! Your Y1B-17 manual is now the earliest known Air Force manual with a procedure. November 1936/ Feb. 1937. I will have to revise something I wrote accordingly. Previously I listed a B-17 manual from July 1937.
This is relevant to the often-repeated, but wrong, statement that checklists were invented for the B-17 bomber after a crash. This claim appears in dozens of post 2000 articles about medical checklists and related topics. (They were first used in a USN manual, several years earlier.) I will credit you in a footnote. Do you want to go by Micdrow, or your real name?
Now, if only I could find an early DC-2 or DC-3 manual…

Is the British Pilot's Notes for the B-17G somewhere here? The one covering the operation with electric Minneapolis-Honeywell turbo regulators.
If you are still interested, I have Air Pub 2099B,C, D, E, F (all one book) May 1944. It mentions the M-H regulators for the "Fortress III". Please send me an email.

Fantastic! Your Y1B-17 manual is now the earliest known Air Force manual with a procedure. November 1936/ Feb. 1937. I will have to revise something I wrote accordingly. Previously I listed a B-17 manual from July 1937.
This is relevant to the often-repeated, but wrong, statement that checklists were invented for the B-17 bomber after a crash. This claim appears in dozens of post 2000 articles about medical checklists and related topics. (They were first used in a USN manual, several years earlier.) I will credit you in a footnote. Do you want to go by Micdrow, or your real name?
Now, if only I could find an early DC-2 or DC-3 manual…
Glad you found it interesting, I did post a DC-1 manual and the only DC-2 manual I found on the web so far. Doesn't matter to me if want to add me to a foot note. If you want my whole name just email me through the board. Other wise Micdrow fine if you really want to add it. Up to you.

All the best

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back