B-17 of the Pacific Theater

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dirkpitt289

Master Sergeant
Jul 16, 2009
South Plainfield New Jersey
Hi everyone

I'm looking for a good site that would have information and pictures/ drawings of B-17's from the Pacific theater. I know B-17's were assigned to the 43rd BG and I believe most were E models but that's about it.

I am working a B-17 of the group build. There were around 1600 B-17s used on the theater: B-17 C, D, E, and F models. By 1943 they were reassigned or shot down and replaced by B-24s. Only 5 units used the B-17. Try goggling 5th AF, 11th BG, 42 BG, 7th AF, USFEAF (US Far East Air Force). Also try to google Hawaiian Air Force. The B-17 was first used from the Phillipines, Hawaii and Midway. The bomber was used for long range patrols and to attack the shipping lanes. I do not have my notes with me at work. I try and post some of my notes over the weekend. If you go to the section for group builds, PTO, you will finds some drawings and info about the 11 BG, 7th AF.

DBII

I could not find the 11th BG website, I should have it at the house. I have a couple of websites that you might like. Squadron Publishing has a book on B-17s units in the Pacific. You might want to start there.

DBII

Sorry typo, there were only 168 B-17 in the theater, my brain was not working well. Sorry but I have not found the websites yet. Try goggling V Bomber Command, 19 BG, 14, 28, 30, and 93 BS. I have psoted some other items in the PTO thread that might also help.

DBII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back