B-17 on Military Channel tonight

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

KMeyrick

Airman 1st Class
Nov 3, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
JUst an FYI if anyone is interested. The Military Channel is doing a show on the B-17 tonight. I think it's on now on the east coast? I set the recorder last night, so I'm not sure of the airtime.

I know they repeat stuff though!!!:D

not bad. I had to watch it twice- the first time I wasn't all that impressed, so I watched it again before posting.

I didn't like how they talked about the b-9,b-10,xb-15, the clipper.... I tuned in for the b-17; not a history timeline of bombers (although the 2nd time around, I see why- but still--- I'm OCD like that)

I loved the footage and stuff about model 299 and how they won the army contract, the issues with the navy, how and why they went from 17B to 17E to 17D...the little tidbits about the crew carrying candybars to eat on the way home to keep from falling asleep due to adrenaline let down....how they almost scrapped the B17 due to heavy losses, the addition of the chin turret....how the 1st pressurized plane was basically the b-17 with a few changes...the b-17 drones dropping atomic bombs was cool too.

The commentator could have been better- some of the parts with Sleepy Time Gal in the museum were a bit corny IMO with the host when he didn't know what he was talking about and made stupid comments.(really...not good to walk the catwalk after a few cocktails???????? ) (again my OCD probably kicking in :) )

Roman- I'll see if I can get it to a disk for you.

I think it's on Sky531. :) Military History Channel.

I could be wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back