B-17G Ordance

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SiThSpAwN

Recruit
Aug 10, 2012
I am looking for information on all ordnance carried by the B-17G, anyone have any good sources to this? I tried the search here but its not working for me?

I am looking for information on all ordnance carried by the B-17G, anyone have any good sources to this? I tried the search here but its not working for me?

Here you go, from the B-17G erection and maintenance manual

Attachments

• Pages from B-17G maintanence.jpg
    Pages from B-17G maintanence.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 234
And just for kicks this is from a B-17F erection and maintenance manual.

Attachments

• Pages from b-17F erection and maintance manual.jpg
    Pages from b-17F erection and maintance manual.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 239
Excellent, thanks, that's very helpful for what I am working on.

Does anyone know if there are any good drawings or pictures of the different bombs used, I need them for modeling purposes.

Along those lines, did US bombs, like the AN-M64 whistle when they dropped? Sorry if these questions have been answered before, or are dumb questions, and I apologize for my spelling... :/

And just for kicks this is from a B-17F erection and maintenance manual.

US bombs did not normally "whistle", at least to any great degree.

I have seen pictures in an old magazine published in WW II of a B-17 going on a nuisance raid over a Japanese held Island. It's job was to stay over the target for several hours and keep the defenders awake so the early morning raid would hit tired defenders.

In addition to some bombs in the bomb bay they were carrying cases of small bombs (20-30lb ?) which they would throw out the waist gun windows. Some of the pictures show the crew taping soda bottles to the tail fins so they would whistle on the way down.

Any damage they did was a bonus.

Thanks for the reply, I didnt know about the 20-30lb bombs, that's kinda interesting...

US bombs did not normally "whistle", at least to any great degree.

I have seen pictures in an old magazine published in WW II of a B-17 going on a nuisance raid over a Japanese held Island. It's job was to stay over the target for several hours and keep the defenders awake so the early morning raid would hit tired defenders.

In addition to some bombs in the bomb bay they were carrying cases of small bombs (20-30lb ?) which they would throw out the waist gun windows. Some of the pictures show the crew taping soda bottles to the tail fins so they would whistle on the way down.

Any damage they did was a bonus.

Couple more load outs of B-17's and little info on the B-24

Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• OrdnanceFieldGuideV2 456.jpg
    OrdnanceFieldGuideV2 456.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 158
  • OrdnanceFieldGuideV2 457.jpg
    OrdnanceFieldGuideV2 457.jpg
    594.3 KB · Views: 136

Users who are viewing this thread

Back