B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's getting closer my friend, keep at it!

Also, the best part of waking up is bombers in your cup

Thanks to your words and comments, my dear compadritos.

I did the test by removing the liquid mask from the recognition lights and only one of the small circles of metallic paper came off; So, I applied a liquid mask again and as Terry suggests in his technique, once finished the work with weathering and washing, I will work on correcting that light.

The "handles" of the windows are in place and reinforced with another layer of LM ...

Meanwhile I gave color to the inside of the landing gear gates and access stairs ...

Later I'll work on the corresponding weathering ...
It's all for now while I prepare and organize with the start of the decals ...

See you soon... y gracias por acompañarme

... that's how the bottom looks, after a few layers of varnish gloss. The video recommends 50% of IPA and 50% of Clear X-22, but I opted to use Future, I liked the "smooth, shiny and hard" finish of the surface.

The extra parts ...

The top also ready to start with the decals ...

One last visit to the compartments where the lead counterweight was placed.

The decal of the shark's jaws shares part of the lower part of the frontal tip and the sides of the fuselage, in front of the cabin. So it must be united to apply that decal ...

I had to make some slight adjustments to the piece to adjust as best as possible. The tapes helped me exert some pressure to fit the piece ...

There are some small spaces in that vertical wall, which should be filled with green putty or pieces of styrene.

I'll wait until tomorrow to check that the piece was assembled correctly and I hope it is not necessary to have to file and / or sand, which would mean repeating the painting process on that outer part of the joint. But I'll tell you that tomorrow.

For now 3 of the 4 emblems of the star are already in place.

Tomorrow will be another day ... greetings

I share the process of the decals.

First I applyed the one that goes on the top of the left wing, and from there, I put the plane side up to apply from that position, all the others.
I started with the registration numbers, for which I also had to consult the instructions to have the precise location when putting them in their place.

... and all the rest were left, leaving the jaws at the end ...

It was a little complicated to give the correct position to the jaws, because I did not want to cut the decal in two or three parts, but with the good application of Micro Set and about 3 applications of Micro Sol, everything was in the correct position.

Important note: That there is no air bubble left under the decals. and after two applications of Micro Sol in each decal, with a sharp knife, make a cut on the panel lines that are under the decal, and apply one or two more strokes with Micro Sol, to better define those panels lines.

Now we can name it with all the letters "Shark Mouth"

Now I will start working on a new technique for me, in terms of weathering on the decals . But that I can show you and see the results, another day.

I appreciate your many visits and kind comments, I hope you continue to enjoy it.
Thank you very much.

Part of this new technique that I am beginning to practice, refers to sanding the decals, in order to achieve a more realistic appearance. With a sandpaper of the 3200 moistened, I begin to give slight passes to the area of the decal. Carefully I am observing that the shine of the decal and thickness tend to diminish until achieving small scratches in some rivets and panel lines, following a congruent pattern.

In the case of the jaws, I also believe that I have reached an adequate level of realism.

I'll start with the bottom of the wings to do the weathering with oil paintings.
For this white surface I will use ultramarine blue and asphalt ...

This is all for the moment, I hope to have some results tomorrow.

Hasta pronto

Users who are viewing this thread