B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Taking advantage of the inersia, I take a little time to upload photos from yesterday night.

453.jpg

This is what the top part looks like, following the procedure. Paint diluted 30% with 70% IPA and irregular application in a random manner.

454.jpg
455.jpg
456.jpg
457.jpg
458.jpg

It's all for the moment, I go a few laps of work and later I send you the photos that follow.

:thumbup:

Coming together nicely Luis. Again your diffusion effect looks a bit stark to me, although it will tone down with subsequent weathering and varnish layers. I'd be inclined to tone it down a bit with a few mist passes of OD, but I'm sure you've got a master plan! :thumbleft:

Coming together nicely Luis. Again your diffusion effect looks a bit stark to me, although it will tone down with subsequent weathering and varnish layers. I'd be inclined to tone it down a bit with a few mist passes of OD, but I'm sure you've got a master plan! :thumbleft:
Hello Kirby, that's right, it's the first phase of painting, later I go up the second one that includes: OD + white, for the rivet lines; the third phase is dark green in the panel lines and finally with 10% OD and 90% IPA, the necessary layers will be applied to apply "filters" that blur the previous phases in a more uniform finish.
In fact I finished these 4 phases, so I still have more pictures to show. As for the painting phases, that's it; but there are still things to do to continue improving that appearance ... until now everything is going well, you all will be able to confirm with the photos.

Best regards. :thumbup:

Your comments remain pure inspiration, I thank you all very much my esteemed colleagues of plastic, cement, modeling and aviation! :thumbleft::thumbright:
Here is a session with 10 photos more ...

The 2nd phase: rivet lines (and a bit of lightening in some areas) ...

459.jpg
460.jpg
461.jpg
462.jpg
463.jpg

The 3rd phase: lines of panels (XF-61 Dark green)

466.jpg
467.jpg
468.jpg

The upper part is ready for the last painting phase.
Now I just have to prepare the photos I have, remove the masking and take the pictures of what has been achieved so far.

I must say that I am very grateful to your company and visitors, ... we are doing a good team work. :grouphuuug:

So I started applying layers gradually, move to another section trying to follow the same pattern to the previous section ...

469.jpg

Once the whole painted airplane, I added layers and worked more in those areas that logically (mine, with respect to the images I have) should be pulverized a little more.
The result:

470.jpg
471.jpg
472.jpg

The removal of the masking (tapes and tak), was very intense, to manipulate the plane with care and not to ruin any window or piece that could hit.
The cowlings and the upper front part I attached them with tak and / or white glue. To remove the masking I had to detach them carefully and once finished, I reattached them with tak for the photo shoot ...

473.jpg
475.jpg
476.jpg

... I'll be back with the latest photos from this series ... :pilotsalute:

Thanks W for your (practically immediate) thumbs, after each post. Do you sleep at some point?
A hug my Polish friend. ;)

... I think the detail of the base of the bubble will be acceptable ...

474.jpg

... the sides and flaps seem to have no major problems with the result ...

477.jpg
478.jpg
479.jpg

A general view of our future B-25G with the painting process concluded ... :watching:

480.jpg
481.jpg
482.jpg

There are very small details of painting (much less than what I expected with the masking that was required!), Which I will have to attend with slight adjustments.

What follows is to give a careful sanded with sandpaper 3600-4000 and possibly polish the entire surface with a sponge of my Dremel and leave the surface ready for the layers of glossy varnish at the time of starting with part of the weathering and decals .. . !! (but this will be in the next few days [-()

It seems that we have overcome an interesting stage in our process, I think we deserve a break and enjoy the weekend.

Seguimos en contacto y gracias por hacerse presentes :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

:thumbright: :thumbright:

Looking great LC. Really well done.

And certainly I sleep. But because of the time zone it is a different time form your one.

BTW I can sleep 25 hours per a day. If somebody says the day is the 24 hours only I answer just going bed an one hour earlier. :lol:

Making a general sanding to the whole plane, allowed me to check all the places and corners ... and discovered that I had already lost "another" of the supports of the bombs in the wing. But it was rebuilt with scratch and is already in place. (The photo was before reconstructing the lost piece)

483.jpg

... the individual pieces are also ready to receive the layers of varnish gloss ...

484.jpg

In the upper part the results are better appreciated with the polish made with the motortool ...

485.jpg
486.jpg

... the liquid mask of some windows, partially peeled off. So I considered it appropriate to do the test and remove all the LM from the windows and the "handles" that I made with tamiya tape did their job without having any mishap with the window panes ...
I took the opportunity to renew the liquid mask, but to keep the amount well distributed, I kept the windows horizontal and I had to manage improvising a support.

487.jpg
488.jpg
489.jpg

The other side I worked first and I had to wait for it to dry, to turn the plane and work on this side. Now I'll just wait for it to dry properly, and to put those "handles" of tape back and have everything ready to continue with the gloss clear ...

That's all for now... :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back