B-25G "Shark Mouth"; 1/48, Academy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking very good Luis. I really like your sun bleached paint job, it really looks the part of long days spent in the sun. Very nice props and bay doors as well. Doing washes is always a bit like magic to me. I enjoy the "wow" factor of the added depth and detail appeaingr before your eyes as the excess is wiped away.

Continuing with the details, I worked with some pieces that go over the front PI.

The gunsight was modified and based on photographs (which I will share later), I removed the piece of "glass" and rotated the structure 45° on its axis, to take advantage of an "edge" that with glue I put a small styrene circle, simulating a " knob". Then I made a slot in the upper base to insert a piece of acetate, improving the appearance of the "glass"

After a little care at the time of painting, this is the result ...

In the center of the windshield on the central dashboard is a "radio altitude meter", which does not include the kit and I improvidé with a piece of plastic.

And looking through my leftover decals, I found this PI, from which I will take one of the dials to simulate my new "R.A.M."

The work process was very fun, ... I'll let the photos tell you ...

...this is the result after applying the decal, painting the piece and putting a small drop of Future on the dial.

I like how it looks.
I'm still going to work a little on one more detail that I should include and continue with next.

Thanks for still stopping by.
Luis Carlos

I thank each one of you for your kind words.

Here's how the two miniatures were finished ...

... and this one will be added, to form the three pieces that will go on the top of the instrument panel ...

The photograph with the pieces assembled in their place, will be one of the last in the process, so as not to risk losing or breaking them (as it has happened to me with some pieces - that I will be composing and arranging at their moment and they will not be harrased during the process- )

I gave myself the time to continue with the fuselage process and in this occasion I will try for the first time, to give a more realistic appearance in a fuselage eroded by the sun and the weather.
And this is done with the technique of salt, but being a large model, I did it in parts. With a thick brush with fine bristle, I start soaking in sections at the same time I have been placing the salt in a random way ...

The same I did for the pieces that are loose and in their moment they will be united to the airplane.

It is worth mentioning that this stage will consist of two applications of this salt technique. Same that I will explain to you with the photographs of the advance.

I hope to be as clear as possible in the explanations.
I return with some more photos ...

Good luck on the salt technique Luis! I think I would've chosen to separate the treatments of the OD and the light grey due to the contrast differences between those two shades. And be very thorough with the removal as any leftover salt residue will have a tendency to show up as chalky white when a flat coat is applied.

Users who are viewing this thread