b-29 Superfortress "Precious Cargo" ??? 44-27294 ???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you very much Bian

Last edited:
Thank you very much Bian, so "Precious Cargo" exist, that is a good news, as my picture wasn't very clear !

I just found this website -- and I about fell out of my chair! My dad was a flight engineer on Precious Cargo! See the photo from an album of my dad's.

Marshall `punjab` Case was the AC. My dad's name was Larry Clarino, same as mine. My dad and the rest of the crew all got a tattoo, a dagger with "Death Before Dishonor" and PUNJAB on their left forearms. Precious Cargo was part of the 346th BG, 316th Wing, 463rd Sq. (After the war she was converted to a tanker, then crashed in the early '50's.) They were at Kadina in Okinawa, they then went on to Tinian, a few weeks before the A-bomb. The 463rd did fly a few combat missions and several recon missions. I believe they were one of the few crews of the 2nd AF to see combat. The 2nd AF, was getting ready for the Japan invasion.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 2.15.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 2.15.00 PM.png
    779.8 KB · Views: 98
Glad I saw this. Last summer I had the chance to take a ride on FIFI. To be able to sit in the same spot, okay a different B-29, but to sit in the seat, my dad did, was amazing. I am sure you all know FIFI and DOC are the only two flying B-29's in the world.
DSC06824.JPG
DSC06796.JPG

Hi every one,
I recently purchase the following Photograph for my "B-29 Snapshot collection" and this time I'm really ... lost.
The Nose Art depict a "tag" and it seems (to me) that it is written "Precious Cargo" and that the serial could be 44-27294... but due to the poor quality of the photograph I'm just gessing.
Does anyone ever heard of a B-29 called "Precious Cargo" or, and it's a possibility if my gess is wrong, a B-29 with such nose art ?
Many thanks in advance for you comment.
Best regards,
Olivier

This was my Dad's bomber (co-pilot) Joseph A. Timpany USAirCorp
FFD5A23F-9A9A-4C65-A530-FAB3675EE5C2.jpeg
EBD0841F-E981-4479-98EA-C747C0E00E54.jpeg
EBD0841F-E981-4479-98EA-C747C0E00E54.jpeg

Found your information regarding the super fortress precious cargo , my father was the navagator pilot . We have been looking for more information for a while he was part of the 8th tour I would appreciate any information you have as I do not have a lot but some photos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back