B-52: Rare Footage of Naval Strike Capability

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Impressive footage. whats the rocket ordinance the B-52 is firing....ther appear to be two types. One I think is a tomahawk, but what is the other.

Intersting to compare tactics to Soviet era anti-shipping strike capability. They planned to attack in LR groups orf about 30 A/C firing salvoes of AS-11 "Kennel" missiles (I think). Soviet ASM were notoriously innacurate, and fairly easily jammed, but they relied on the numbers to try and get a few past the AAW defences. Even one would tear a pretty big hole through a flight deck

Argentinians also demonstrated what this sort of technology could do. I read somewhere that in 1982 they only possessed about 10 of the airborne version of the exocet, a none too deadly misssile (but deadly enough). Even the iron bombs on the skyhawks were bad enough, and respponsible for the loss of at least one of the ships lost (I think it was the AHLS Sir galahad)

Nice video and your right Les. The Zombie music was good.

What were the "bombs" that had the parachute that fell into the water?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back