Back in the Game! Joe's MiGs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
Back in the early/ mid 1980s I was really into model building, an active member of IPMS and would continually attend shows and contests. Now that I am happily retired I'm slowing jumping back into the game. At one point I was dragging along about 100 unbuilt kits, over time I slowly sold them off (I can kick myself for some of the stuff I sold). I used to do a lot of vacuum-form and kit bashing. I had a few KP kits around so I'm starting off with one of my favorite builds - MiGs and East Block aircraft, especially from small, 3rd world airforces. I built these straight out of the box, hope to do more and eventually jump into GBs as time permits.

Migs.jpg
migs2.jpg
Mig 15.jpg
Mig 15 3.jpg
Mig 19.jpg
Mig 19 4.jpg
mig17 2.jpg

Hi Joe, I see you are in Colorado. Me too..Metro area of Denver. IPMS is still strong here but currently not active due to Covid. We should start meeting again soon.
I'm an old guy too and have similar eyesight problems but still plug along with my building, You can contact local IPMS chapters through Col-Par Hobby Town in
Aurora. Hope to meet you in the near future.

Hi Joe, I see you are in Colorado. Me too..Metro area of Denver. IPMS is still strong here but currently not active due to Covid. We should start meeting again soon.
I'm an old guy too and have similar eyesight problems but still plug along with my building, You can contact local IPMS chapters through Col-Par Hobby Town in
Aurora. Hope to meet you in the near future.
Thanks! I know Col-Par well, been awhile since I was there. I'll have to look you guys up! :)

Those look real nice Joe
Thanks for the encouragement folks - the biggest obstacle I'm dealing with is my eyesight. I'm getting use to using a magnifier, but to make matters worse I'm near sighted in one eye and far sighted in another. Getting old sucks!
I keep 4 pair of reading glasses on my model bench, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 and 3.5. I use them single or stack as many as 3 together depending what I'm working on.
Getting old sucks. :banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back