Battlefield 1943... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been following it since it was first announced and the beginning of the year. It looks good although I still have doubts about certain aspects (unlimited ammo/auto health re-heal (like COD2 single player)). From what I have heard though these don't affect the gameplay (some say improve) and there are of course other aspects such as the bombers and the destructible environment that I am looking forward to.

As part of a team still developing a mod for BF42 it is certainly interesting to us but there is no opportunity to work with the engine. Certainly I will likely get it when it is released (despite the graphic improvements we have made - using models made for BF2 in BF42).

If you are still keen on some BF42 action you should check out our mod, it is called Battlegroup42 (shameless plug).

Battlegroup42 Homepage
Battlegroup42 @ ModDB

Last edited:
I am looking for the action that once sucked me in when I played all the time.. I loved spawning on a aircraft carrier and taking off to fend off the enemy. The graphics look mediocre for 09 compared to other triple A titles but I love the series and that wont judge my purchase.. I hope it is a complete game... they said it is like $20 download so that means it probably wont, but hey i'll be happy. Glad to see people still play 42' Gnomey! :D

It is a fairly complete game from what I have read but still a fairly small download too. 3 maps (Iwo Jima, Wake and Guadacanal), 3 classes (assault, engineer and support). Seems similar to the WW2 mod that DICE released for BFV but updated to the BF:BC engine.

[BF1943] Patrick Liu Video Interview On Battlefield 1943 - Total Gaming Network
[BF] BF1943 BC2 Developer Interviews - Total Gaming Network
[BF1943] New BF 1943 Shows That Iwo Jima Never Looked So Good - Total Gaming Network
[BF1943] The Battlefield Like You Have Never Seen Before - Total Gaming Network
Battlefield 1943 Interview: DICE Talks PC Changes, Delay Conspiracies and Battlefield 3 - Shacknews
Battlefield 1943 Updated Hands-On - Xbox 360 Previews at GameSpot

Yeah we still play BF42 (well BG42). We are currently beta testing our next release and there is also a server where there a bi-weekly games (Sunday/Wednesday), it is in Germany, although there are some US servers around. Visit the homepage for more details.

I was excited when I saw this one announced.

One really cool thing is that they are using the Frostbite engine allowing destructable enviroments. I have Battlefield: Bad Company which is the first game to use it, and the Frostbite engine makes the gameplay very interesting/ realistic. It really makes you think about what really is cover, for instance a house can be blown away, so not really good cover. I am very excited for this game!

Coming out July 8th for Xbox live and July 9th for PSN at about $15. Don't see anything for the PC...

***Community Challenge - The creators are giving the playing community an chance to unlock an extra map if 43 million kills are reached over the remaining summer (total by people playing). The map is Coral Sea, so Calling all aces, we need to get em down quick because I want to do some corsair shootin over the pearly blue!

When it comes out i'll post my name so I can play with you guys, until then aces! [Unless you like ground assualt, then by all means :) )

http://battlefield1943.com/

Last edited:
I've played it and it's fun. I have crashed lots of Corsairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back