Beechcraft SD17S Staggerwing Floatplane

ccheese

Member In Perpetuity
12,408
138
Joined
Jul 10, 2007
Location
Virginia Beach, Va.
Does anyone have any good info on the REAL Beechcraft SD17S Staggerwing Floatplane ? It appears is was used by the U.S. Army Air Corps either just before or just after WW-II. I know there are models out there, I'm interested in the real one.

Charles
 
NC18562] (Gene Palmer coll)

D17S, SD17S 1937 (ATC 649) = 4pCB rg; 450hp P&W R-985 Wasp; span: 32'0" length: 25'11" load: 1680# v: 212/202/55 range: 800. $18,870; POP: about 50, of which 13 to USAAF as UC-43/UC-43B, 11 to USN as GB-1. SD17S was floatplane. The last D17S [NC34R] became prototype for G17S

beech-sd17s.jpg


http://www.aerofiles.com/_beech.html
 
Have some 'walkaround' shots if you're interested Charles.

I'd love to see them if you'd be so kind!
 
Have some 'walkaround' shots if you're interested Charles.

Please, please, post them.

And, thanks Joe...

Charles
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back