Best Atlantic recon aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah, quite a good replacement for the Fw 200's, the Ju 290...although they were only doing the Atlantic thing for a year or so, I believe - Ended-up being a transporter...I would have to give my endorsement to the B.24 Liberators, they have a distinguished history in the Atlantic ...and the Hudson's did too...Also, the Sunderland was a really great aircraft, it's pedigree in Flying Boats was excellent, even after the War...We had them down here in the Pacific, a popular ' Inter-islander '...

don't think we can catergorize the Lib as a recon plane gents. A bomber yes and a good one of U-boots as well as the Sunderland.

E

this Opa cannot figure it out ! the Ju 290 of FAGr 5 one heck of a recon a/c. will share more next week.......

Attachments

• ju290flight.jpg
    ju290flight.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 88
black and white pic of the same a/c on flight trials before being released for ops with FAGr 5

Attachments

• ju290a5.jpg
    ju290a5.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 606
The Ju-52/3m looks strange with the floats, I thought the same for the C-47 with floats.

I didn't say it looked bad, I said it looks strange. Just to clear things up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back