Best Bomber of WW2 -- #3

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is interesting that the British would want to order something like that. They had aircraft at the time that were just as good. Does that say something or what?

I agree. It may have been a worthy aircraft. I dont think the British were going to buy crap aircraft from Italy. It would have been a waste of money and had they really wanted a crap aircraft they could have just built it at home.

No they were not. The Italian military was always needing the Wehrmacht to save them all the time. The Italian navy was never used to its potential. They had a great navy and just let it get destroyed in the harbor.

The Italian Navy was alright in equipment terms, although they lacked any aircraft carriers worth mentioning. The Italian Air Force had a few decent designs but had nothing good in numbers - and were not capable of mass production. The Italian army equipment was dump!

B-25 Mitchell is one of my favorite meduim bomber, but unsure what's my favorite for HEAVY and I was thinking B-17 Flying Fortress would be excellent pick, but again what about B-24 Liberator?

I personally like the B-17 the best mostly because of its history and because it could take a lot of beating but the best bomber would have to the B-29. You can not forget the B-24 or the Lancaster though.

I agree Adler the best was the B29 but not the most effective I think its hard to pick a difference between the Lanc and B17 each had it merrits and work well together in Europe.

trackend said:
I agree Adler the best was the B29 but not the most effective I think its hard to pick a difference between the Lanc and B17 each had it merrits and work well together in Europe.

I believe you actually 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back