Best Custom Model Airplane Companies

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rubbermimi

Recruit
Jun 28, 2015
Hamilton, Montana
I want to get a P-47 Thunderbolt model custom made, but would like to hear from people who are pleased with models they have had done. Who does the best work? I also am not sure whether to go for a mahogany carved model or a metal/die-cast one. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you for your help!

I found one site that looks promising, I'll get it to you tomorrow. I'm the meantime I suggest you move this thread to the modeling sections so more people can see it ;)

I agree with Spicyjuan. Plus there a several great builders there who may be able to make what you want out of a plastic kit providing markings are available. There are a few who make markings as well.

Geo

I had two custom made F-16s made to commemorate my two incentive flights I had when I was still in the Air Force. Sorry that the photo isn't all that good. Here is the website: Airplane Models, Aircraft Models, Custom Military Models

They give you a few options (ordinance, fuel tanks...). You will need pictures if you want a certain aircraft tail number or to be historically correct. They also sell generic aircraft. Check them out.

IMG_0103 small.jpg

I had two custom made F-16s made to commemorate my two incentive flights I had when I was still in the Air Force. Sorry that the photo isn't all that good. Here is the website: Airplane Models, Aircraft Models, Custom Military Models

They give you a few options (ordinance, fuel tanks...). You will need pictures if you want a certain aircraft tail number or to be historically correct. They also sell generic aircraft. Check them out.

View attachment 295990

Wow they look great. The one that I had OP was this one (I haven't ordered anything from them though):http://www.modelbuffs.com

Thanks.
They were about $375 apiece. Well worth it in my opinion. I had a great time on both flights. One in South Korea and the other over Las Vegas. The ultimate roller coaster rides!!!!

Thank you! I have some decent pics - not great, but I'm assuming they will start with the basic plane and add details...

They look awesome. $375 seems reasonable - it is meant to be a very special piece, and I want it done the very best way. Are those plastic models? What is the scale?

They are solid wood models. I don't know the scale, maybe 1/32 or 1/48. And I agree, they are a very special piece and when I received them in the mail and opened the box... I really did not care what scale they were because they looked just like the planes I flew in. Now, from looking at the website, you can get your plane with battle damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back