Best Dogfighter Poll Revisited...

Best Dogfighter Between 15,000 - 35,000 feet......

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spitfire Mk. XIV. You know you shouldn't really put the Spitfire marks in the same slot, all Spitfires were different from one another.

I suppose the list would be stupidly long if you started putting each variant.

No it wasn't. The Spitfire was a better dogfighter than the Mustang. The Mustang had a range advantage over the Spitfire, that's all.

In my opinion the Ki-84 Frank by the Japs is better than the spit in almost every single thing exept speed(climb rate, armament, range, manuvability) but i do not think that anybodyhere notice that

The Spitfire Mk. XIV was better than the Ki-84. Going back a bit, the Mk. VIII Spitfires in Burma slaughtered Zeros on a 8:1 kill ratio. All the Ki-84 had was manuverability, and the Spitfire could hang with it, outclimb, outdive and out do it in speed.

The best dogfighter in WW2 was the A6M Zero without question, even Spitfire pilots didn't dog-fight with it, they fought the Zero in the same way every other Allied fighter did.
They used their far better performance to bounce and then break off, never getting into a turning fight.
My 2nd best dog-fighter would be one not on the list, the Hawker Hurricane. ;)

redcoat said:
The best dogfighter in WW2 was the A6M Zero without question, even Spitfire pilots didn't dog-fight with it, they fought the Zero in the same way every other Allied fighter did.
They used their far better performance to bounce and then break off, never getting into a turning fight.
My 2nd best dog-fighter would be one not on the list, the Hawker Hurricane. ;)
WHAT? ARE U KIDDING ME? HURRICANE? OMG UR MAD; THERE IS SO MANY FIGHTERS THAT ARE BETTER THAN IT: P-51, P-38, P-47, Spit, Me-109, Fw-190, and a lot more!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back