Best driving road in the world?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Where is it? The perfect road with the challenging bends and hills, great views, long fast straights and obviously.....no traffic, the one that gives you the ultimate in driving experience and thrill, the one where it doesn't matter that you have to drive back again because you forgot something, does that road excist, have you come across it?

I'm of course talking about driving at legal speed now....:twisted: 8) :oops: :lol:

Isle of Man for driving/riding has got to be up there.

Great Ocean road along the coast in Victoria is pretty amazing too.

There are more but they come to mind easiest.

Heck,half the roads in Colorado meet those requirements,Million Dollar Higway,Poudre Canyon,Peak to Peak plus Deals Gap in Kentucky, route 21 thru the Sawtooths in Idaho, 101 in California, the road that leads up to Jaspar in Canada, Escalante, Capitol Reef, Bryce,Zion in Utah..Yeesh it's amazing what you find when you ride motorcycles.

It ain't the one I drive to work on every weekday!!! Traffic, pot holes the size of moon craters, and every moron with a drivers lisc. seems to get on the road just ahead of me!!!

There is a road in Colorado called "Oh My God Road". Wanted to go down it on a trip to Colorado once, but the wife of my friend refused as she is afraid of heights and from what I've been told it is a pretty interesting stretch of road.
Here's one pic I found.

Yup been there too, the road up to MT. Evans is cool and so is Trailridge road in Estes Park, plus McClure pass even the worlds loneliest highway(51) I think thru Nevada is cool in it's own way..

The drive from Jasper to Banff in the Canadian Rockies is pretty cool and I have here the best sunday drive along the Niagara River from Fort Erie to Fort George about a 50km drive next to the river
The drive along the fiords in Stavenger Norway were great also

I google earthed Trollstigen and it was a little too far north up in Trondheim and Bergen I was in Sola/Stavenger . What blew me away was the drivers reaching out the windows to pull in their mirrors so they could pass opposing traffic

There is certainly some fantastic roads that I've been on in Norway (around Bergen, Stavanger, Oslo and Lillehammer). As pbfoot says the road between Jasper and Banff is awesome as well (the train back again if cool too although I went a different route - through Kamloops and back to Vancouver).

There are also some more awesome roads in Alaska and the Alps and also in South Africa (particularly in the Cape). There are an awful lot of great driving roads out there, would love to drive the all but that isn't going to happen.

Theres a road that descends into Boise that had a bunch of sweeping twisties, I wonder if that was the one my friend and I did back in 02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back