Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arado Ar-234 'Blitz'

• Heinkel He-280

• Gloster Meteor

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for the ME-262. Did you hear about another german one called the 'Salmander'? It was developed in 10 WEEKS (!!!) and they used members of the Hitler Youth to fly it. (And that was only after basic training in a glider!)

He 162 = Salamander.

Just a note folks. Try to keep on topic and try to treat each other gently :D

I know that sometimes it isn't easy but... We are all here because we love aircraft and because we want to share that. Calling each other names is NOT a good way to build community even WITH smileys! :D

Kiwimac

Where was we calling each other names? ;)

What I find interesting about the He-162 was that it was consructed primarily of balsawood :lol: Not what you would call entirely practical for a jet ;)

There was also another plane that looked almost identical to the Heinkel He-162; and that was the Henschel Hs-132. However unlike the He-162, the Hs-132 was designed to be a dive-bomber and not a fighter. It was also the worlds first jet dive-bomber.

Attachments

• henschel_hs-132.jpeg
    henschel_hs-132.jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 815
it's small because the pilot lays in the prone posistion, partailly to reduce the frontal area of the plane but it also helps the pilot withstand the huge G-forces...................

soon there wont be no pilot in a plane.damn thets gona sux. goodbye goold old dogfight days.

most modern fighters are designed to outmanouver a missile so they're still quite manouverable................

good point, i'd rather watch the ol' stuff flying round than the modern jets, far to noisey.......................

guys the Hs 132 never flew operations. There were no German jet dive bombers as the Me 262 and Ar 234 were basically a dive and fly flat before dropping types. The He 162 was a death trap as I mentioned from previous postings; the JG 1 unit hated it but this is what the Fw 190's were being traded in for by wars end so they had no choice. Even the kills of the unit cannot be 100 % confirmed

E

although acording to "Aircraft Anatomy World WarII" which is a book i have, the blitz was sometimes fitted with a dive bombing periscope................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back