Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Me-163

• Yokosuka Ohka

• P-80

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have to vote for the ME262, although I hate to say it, the ME262 was a much better fighter than the Gloucester Meteor.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i find it quite patriotic that the lanc only really like british planes, apart from the naval fighters obviously and the tank busters, but his favourite plane in every other category is british (i think) 8)

brittish, does that include northern irish planes :lol:

but the fact that most of my favourite are brittish wasn't planned, it was just that we made the best planes of the war...............

Of the jets that saw combat it's gotta be the Me-262, hands down. Now if the Gotha Go-229 got into action . . . 4 x 30mm, 600+ mph speed, and a limited about of stealth . . . it would have been the best of the war.

but as with many german projects, they weren't as good as they said they were, allot of them were made to sound better for propergander..............

So let's be thankful the war ended when it did. It would be another 6 or 7 years til the Allies had anything that could have matched the Go. 229.

So, it doesn't really matter if the plane had come in or not, because we'd have still won it when we did. There were many things that the Germans had that we stopped with ending the war, now if the Germans had got their A10 ICBM into action New York would have been having their own experiences of German rockets...

There were several piston engined fighters that could have outrun the early versions of the Meteor. The speed of the Me-262 was decisive. A Post-war Meteor might have been a match for a 262, but what would the German jet have been like if it had an extra 3-4 years of development?

i reckon that if the 262 had continued after the war, it would have officially reached 600mph before the meteor did and could have been developed into a mightily effective fighter, once they had sorted out the stability problems 8)

Exactly my point. The 262 was the best jet fighter of the war and would have held onto that title after the war if had received the same development time that the Meteor did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back