Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Me-163

• Yokosuka Ohka

• P-80

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 262 was used after the war. But they were flying what was basically a wartime fighter. If the engines, armament, and avionics of the 262 had continued to have been developed, it would have remained superior to the Meteor.

No, British engines were (and still are) the best in world, they would have beaten the 262 in the engine department, and that counts for a lot on the aircrafts performance.

I maybe wrong on this, but I was under the impression that post-war engine development of all the Allies (including the British) was heavily influenced by the examination of captured 262s.

Of course they studied captured 262s and their engines but the British engines had more advantages than disadvantages to the German counter-parts. The main ideas gained off German technology was structure design, like swept back wings are much better for an aircraft at Mach 1.

did you know the airframe of a spit could take the strain of mack 1.3 before breaking up, if you could power it to that speed.............

Really? That's pretty good, but without specially designed props, prop aircraft cannot break the sound barrier.

i know, that's why i said if you could power it to that speed, and did you know you can't break the sound barrier if you're not making any sound............

That seems sensible enough to me, how would you create the sonic boom if there was no sonic.

nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111 the meteor cos of its engins it would have reached 600 first

So what if it did? This better not be about the sound barrier because at any altitude the speed of sound isn't 600 mph. I think the Ta183 is the best designed in World War 2 because it became the Mig-15 and as much as American propaganda still claims they shot down 700+ the Sabre got at most 400+ combat kills, and that isn't all Migs.

well sorry smart s**t

He takes getting corrected well, doesn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back