Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Me-163

• Yokosuka Ohka

• P-80

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but I did actually say not with altitude. Speed of sound wouldn't change in a vacuum. The only reason it changes because of altitude in the atmosphere is because the air particles density changes.

Lanc do you ever listen in class? Ask your Physics teacher, the speed of light does change that's why it refracts.

The speed of sound changes with altitude. It may be 630 higher up, but Plan_D is rigth about the lower altitudes.

ive only seen you make a couple of mistakes, i think brad was referring to the lancs strange spelling of "never" 8)

The speed of sound is 760 mph at sea level, my dad was an aircraft technician for 24 years, he knows what he is talking about. Plus the fact, I already knew it was anyway.

The speed of light changes when it goes through a different medium, it goes slower through water than air, and slower through glass than air. The angle of which the light enters the glass decides which angle it will come out at.
At 46 degrees and above it is total internal reflection which reflects the light instead of refracting, the light still changes speed. Ask your teacher.

back to the original post I would have to say because of it's combat experience, the Me 262A-1a. Especially in the night fighter role with Kommando Welter. Nothing could touch it at night ! Though almost unknown in this role it may well have been the finest short range night fighter of the war...............

E ~

We already got through that the Me-262 'Swallow' was the best jet, well the majority said so. Nice contribution though, and welcome to the site. :D

Ar-234 had inferior performance (on more thrust), had 0 ability to defend itself, and wasn't even as effective a bomber as the 262.

In real life it flopped. Too slow (with a bombload) to avoid Allied fighters, unable to defend itself with intercepted, unrealiable engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back