Best Looking FW-190??

which was the better looking

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lesofprimus said:
8-6 in favor of the Dora.....

I cant understand how someone can say the A has more style than the D...... U must need glasses to think that....

Hey, I wear glasses, that must 'splain it! ;) I do like the A better, but I have a bumper sticker on my car that says "Real airplanes have round engines". Sorry, I will always be a radial man.

:( I have a picture of a car with a home made engine. Some guy stuck 3 BMW Single cylinder bike engines in a tri-star shape together and put it on the front of his car :lol:

Well, I like both, the 'A' for it's original innovation and ability to achieve Air Superiority [for awhile]...they were also terrific 'all-rounders', and the fact that if you've gotta million or two, you can now buy genuine reproduction A-series aircraft [from 'Flugwerk', in Germany].....
- And I like the 'D' series [and 'Ta'-series] too, for their superb technological developments and Combat-ability, and by the grace of Hitler's Dysfunction, that he meddled and dicked-around so much that they never achieved real production, because we may have been in the doo-doo if that had happened......they were a superb aircraft...so I won't vote in this instance, because to me they were both 'good-looking'... as youse put it.........

Attachments

• raf_487__nz__sqn._chalks-up_another___hard_day_s_night__..._196.jpg
    raf_487__nz__sqn._chalks-up_another___hard_day_s_night__..._196.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 757
wow erich you're back, where did you go??

and no, the Ta-152 can't be be counted, i didn't put it in the poll because the argument we've been having is between the A and the D, but just for the record i think the Ta-152 is better looking than both the A and the D, but it can't be included....................

hey guys, yeah just fighting the cancer thing a little and gone on researh hunting.....

Well I think both are sharp a/c. A had the better weapons platform while the longer winged Dora was more suited to take on the P-51 Mustangs at a higher altitude. Like I said the Dora was a short term solution till the Ta 152 could be brought in but we all know how that turned out.

E ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back