bf 109t drawing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

danielp

Airman
Dec 4, 2007
any body have a lead on where I can get a drawing of the bf 109t series of aircraft? I recently got the book sea eagles hoping it had drawings no luck

thanks for the quick reply. I have the drawing you are linking to. a larger one of the spoilers and or pictures of the spoilers is what I am really looking for (I should have stated as much in the original post) the spoiler is the main external difference with the 109e besides lengthened wing

I bought the book 109t only shows a couple of drawing of the spoiler. I had hoped for some pictures or more detailed drawing for a unique series of the 109

like this

Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg

Ah 'those' spoilers.
Incedently, how were they generally used i.e; just for roll/gust control in opposite action to the applied aileron, perhaps when the flaps are lowered past 'usual' combat flap angles, or were they operable at all speeds?

fantastic thanks for the drawing. I have always wonder were the factory drawings come from being the war ended 68 years ago. anyway all the information I have is that the spoilers operated when the pilot throttled down past a certain point. they seem a little small to help out very much but they would have killed a little lift and probably made the T model handle like the E model (regular wing ). again thanks very much for the factory drawing.

Still thinking that saying spoilers he meant the slats on the leading edges of Bf109 wings but not the flaps.

Slats aren't spoilers. Spoilers reduce lift, not enhance it.

Spoilers from a company called "Precise Flight" are available for a WIDE range of civilian aircraft and are about the size of the spoilers in the drawing and are in about the same position ... against the wing spar. They allow you to maintain cruise or higher power and still descend at controlled rates. When you get to the flare point, retract them and land.

I'm guessing the spoilers on the '109T were designed for slow speed, controlled descent for carrier landings, which, of course, never happened.

Oh.. we are talking about the device at the wing top. In fact the one was a kind of spoiler called in German - Auftriebzerstörer. In English it can be translated as a destroyer of the lift. These spoilers appeared on new wings of larger wingspan for the Bf 109 V15 ( D-IPHR Werk Nr.1773 ) prototype. The main purpose of them was making of the landing easier and keeping wheels of the landing gear on the ground during manoeuvring.

Clipboard02a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back