BF or ME (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bug_racer

Airman 1st Class
Oct 6, 2006
Sydney
When is it acceptable to call a ME 109 a BF 109 or vice versa ? Just thought Id start a post cause I always thought it to be either and another post here has shown that it isnt acceptable :p

The official German designation is Bf for anything below -163, after that it is Me. However, when quoting an Allied report it will always almost be Me.

The actual designation for the 109 is the Bf-109. As pD put out anything from the Me-163 on is designated Me. Anything below from the Bf-162 Jaguar to the Bf-108 is designated Bf.

The official German designation is Bf for anything below -163, after that it is Me. However, when quoting an Allied report it will always almost be Me.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
The actual designation for the 109 is the Bf-109. As pD put out anything from the Me-163 on is designated Me. Anything below from the Bf-162 Jaguar to the Bf-108 is designated Bf.

That pretty much sums it up, although you see it a lot under the Me designation.

Bf like Adler and plan D said, but now why the Bf, I know what you mean with everything below 163, but what does the Bf stand for?

Bayerische Flugzeugwerke I believe. Not 100% sure though

Micdrow :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back