bf110 exchange ratio (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello Delcyros,
You asked the number of LW planes shot down by British AA and in my message #70 I wrote: "British AA . It is usually estimated that British AA shot down 100 planes, most of them bombers."

Now that seems to be only a half-truth because I came across two figures; 221 for the whole BoB and 196 between 1 July 40 and 30 Sept 40.

Juha

Would claims by AA batteries be more accurate than by Ait to Air?

I ask this because if your static on the ground and your target goes down in flames then theres little ambiguity I would have thought?

Would claims by AA batteries be more accurate than by Ait to Air?

I ask this because if your static on the ground and your target goes down in flames then there's little ambiguity I would have thought?
What if your target high-tails it out of visual range in flames?

I don't think there's much difference between an air to air and a ground to air if you didn't see it go down - you're relying on third party confirmation either way.

Hello
the numbers I gave are not claims but research results of historians. Baldwin's and Routledge's.

Juha

Hello
the numbers I gave are not claims but research results of historians. Baldwin's and Routledge's.

Juha

What would be interesting there would be the number claimed by the air defence compared to the numbers actually recorded in this reaserch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back