Blackburn Skua Tail Wheel

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sonva

Recruit
May 18, 2021
Hello!

I'm modelling a low poly Blackburn Skua in Blender, as accurate as low poly will allow. However I'm sort of stuck at a roadblock due to lack of information. I need to know whats going on with the tailwheel, was is retractable like the Roc? Any photos of where the tailwheel connects to the fuselage would be really helpful! (Such a photo probably doesn't exist :tearsofjoy:) This is what I get for choosing a "below the radar" plane. I've never posted on a forum before so I'm not really sure how this works.

I've posted a screenshot of what I've got so far, let me know what I need to add if you can think of anything.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-18 at 21.04.41.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-18 at 21.04.41.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 39
Blackburn Skua II - L2940.
If you contact the FAA Museum they may take photos for you.

Also Skua-Repair has Vol II part 2 & 3 (maint sched and repair) for free.

Blackburn Skua I Aircraft Technical Manual - ( English Language ) Air Publication 1570 A, 1938 is the same manual which may have the missing part 1. You would have to ask them.

There are probably copies of the Pilot Notes available as well but they will be of less use. Use https://www.dogpile.com/ for your search as it searches inside Gobble and all the other major search engines and finds lots of items that Gobble hides

Users who are viewing this thread

Back