Blacklist

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

v2

Captain
Nov 9, 2005
Cracow
The European Union has issued a blacklist banning more than 90 airlines from operating in the region.
Most of the companies, which the EU says fail to meet international standards, are based in Africa. They can apply to be taken off the list.
The list will be available online and passengers will have to be informed if they are to fly on a named carrier.
The move was proposed last year after a summer in which more than 500 people died in plane crashes worldwide.
The list of 93 firms which face a complete ban and three facing operational restrictions was compiled from recommendations from the 25 members of the EU.
It includes 50 carriers from the Democratic Republic of Congo alone, 14 from Sierra Leone and seven airlines from Swaziland.

Attachments

• b1_747.jpg
    b1_747.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 175
The FAA has a list of air carriers that don't comply with FAA/ JAA regulations and won't let them operate within the US - Since the US and the EU have a "reciprocating agreement" its the same here...

I think it is a really good thing. They used to let anyone fly into Europe and it was dangerous. Just look at the 2 that collided over southern Germany a few years ago because of equipment that was not installed on them.

Its a very good thing that they are doing that. As well as the above reasons you guys have said, With 50 less airlines in the skies over europe that would mean a lot less traffic. when we were in normandy I saw vapour trails crisscrossing one another- you never get that anywhere in australia.

I bet you get contrails crossing etc Austrailia your probably just in the wrong spot :)

MichaelHenley said:
Its a very good thing that they are doing that. As well as the above reasons you guys have said, With 50 less airlines in the skies over europe that would mean a lot less traffic. when we were in normandy I saw vapour trails crisscrossing one another- you never get that anywhere in australia.

Air traffic may not decrease - other airlines will take over those routes from the black listed airlines. They might not originate from those countries in question but pick up passengers at an "enroute" destination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back