Boeing gets tanker contract

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There were a few people here along the NGOM coastline looking for the contract to come this way.Mobile was all prepared to take this project on but I think(?) Northrop Grumman got out of the deal might of part of the factor it did not head south.Now Union deals have been made most all of the Southern states are Right-to-Work states hence the reason more and more car manufactures are heading south.

Lets just hope they get to start building the things, before the Lawyers make more fortunes out of the appeals.

The USAAF had the choice of two good aircraft, both of which were more than able to do the job so lets get some built before there are any accidents with the older aircraft.

Round three of the Air Force awarding the contract. Will there be an EADS protest? I kinda think not. I suspect that this will be the end of this debacle. And I called right.

IMO, EADS never had a chance at winning this unless they gave it away. If anything, the very fact that EADS managed to squeeze in to the competition probably forced Boeing to modify it's asking price. But, in the end it's money that talks...lobbying money that is.

"But the Center for Responsive Politics points out that Boeing outspent EADS on lobbying, shelling out $17.8 million to influence powerful legislators and officials in 2010, compared to EADS' $3.2 million."

Sorry, Euros: Boeing Wins Tanker Deal. Again. | Danger Room | Wired.com

We'll have to see just how much of a saving will have been made. The more I read about this final deal, the more I believe that EADS may have dodged a bullet here.

Boeing will do what they will do best, take the government to the cleaners. Changes sent to Boeing on B-2 mods were always incredibly expensive relative to what Northrop Grumman would do the job for. Also I would not be surprised for a claim to be made. A contract with a statement of work was awarded, the award was withdrawn, the statement of work was rewritten, and the award was given to the other contractor. That really smells legally. The government loses over 90% of their lawsuits. No matter what the outcome is, someone should be fired. Either the initial government team screwed up the contract, which was claimed, in which case they should be fired, or, the CBO was influence by politics and should be fired, or someone else. The military programs are rife with incompetence in their contracts and needs to be totally cleaned out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back