Brother Johnson!You seeThat? GT 40 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
World speed record 293.6 MPH for the old venerable GT 40!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnCsQPpY6xA

The GTs aerodynamic design has also stood the test of time. M2K Motorsports' Kevin Kesterson says they used stock bodywork for the record run. And it won't be the last one.

The next Texas Mile event is in October and Kesterson says they plan to be back and gunning for 300 mph.

Of course, Ford has a new GT on sale this year with a $450,000 price tag, a 657 hp twin-turbocharged V6, a 216 mph top speed and a racing pedigree that already includes wins at the Le Mans and Daytona 24 hour races. So should we expect to see it chasing speed records, too?

"This new car is much rarer and more expensive, so people may be less inclined, Jamal says. "But, I think I said something like that about the last one, and it's very easy to tune and modify the engine, so some people will be probably be making it faster as soon they get one."

That's quick.

Gary Gastelu is FoxNews.com's Automotive Editor. You can follow him on Twitter @garygastelu and @foxcarreport

Great stuff.
If there was just one car I wanted to own, it was the GT40. Fifty years on, and it still looks great.

Yeah Terry I have to agree it was "Le mans" with McQueen that made me fall in love with the GT 40 back in the 70's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back