BV 141

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Aggie08, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Aggie08

Aggie08 Active Member

Student
    What advantages could this radical design possibly give? It just blows my mind!

Attached Files:

2. mkloby

mkloby Active Member

USMC - Capt - 7532
    That might be the uglies aircraft I've ever seen. I would think that the center of gravity must still be near the center of the wing. I would think that movement about your vertical and lateral axes must be effected somewhat, since the moment applied is offset to the port side of the wing. Hopefully, one of those aero guys will get in here... Soren???

3. Civettone

Civettone Active Member

Student
    Home Page:
    Only one advantage and that's ground visibility. No surprise as that's the only thing it was meant to do.

The other option to get such a good visibility was to go for a twin engined design: the Fw 189.

Kris

4. DerAdlerIstGelandet

DerAdlerIstGelandet Der Crew Chief
    Staff Member Moderator

A&P - Aircraft Technician
    Not sure the validity of this because it is Wiki but here is what has been said about it.

"It would seem that the displacement of lift vs weight, and thrust vs drag, would have induced tendencies to yaw and roll requiring continual trimming to control, but the aircraft proved very stable and maneuverable. Indeed Dr. Vogt had calculated that the greater weight on one side of the aircraft could be cancelled out by the torque of the propeller."