CAC CA-15 Kangaroo (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Desert Fox

Senior Airman
Jan 15, 2006
Great Southern Land
I was browsing the internet recently, and I came across an aircraft that I had never heard of before, the CA-15 Kangaroo. This was a piston engined fighter created and designed entirely in Australia. It reached a speed of 502.2 mph, this is faster than most first generation jet fighters. It was however scrapped by the RAAF. I was wondering if anyone had either heard of this aircraft or had any further information on it.
It does bear a strong resemblance to the P-51, but it was a totally different aircraft, with different dimensions and performance.
Here is a picture:

Attachments

• CAC CA-15 Kangaroo.jpg
    CAC CA-15 Kangaroo.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 487
I read about it on Wikipedia, I was very surprised. Australia isnt known for its aircraft designing prowess. To think that we created probably the best piston engined fighter ever, what an achievement!

Cmon, its beautiful. Powerfully graceful. Looks like a P-51 steriods and reminds me for some reason of the turoprop Tucano or Pilatus PC-9.

was a bloody good aircraft...stayed in the prototype for a lonnnnnnnng time

jets made it obselete and as usual the AUS government didnt wanna play

Looks faster than **** to me.

if you ask me she has the look of being too big to be fast- contempary fighters like the Sea Fury looked not much bigger than WWII fighters but exuded power from every crevace, i look at this and can't help but see a smaller merlin with a lot of empty space in that fusilage :lol:

if you ask me she has the look of being too big to be fast- contempary fighters like the Sea Fury looked not much bigger than WWII fighters but exuded power from every crevace, i look at this and can't help but see a smaller merlin with a lot of empty space in that fusilage :lol:

The Sea Fury was faster, however the CA-15 was quite quick as well. See the other thread for performances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back