Camarillo's latest arrival

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
The American Aeronautical Foundation, owners of the B-25 "Executive Sweet" have acquired and finally received a C-47 Skytrain. This is another of the former Israeli C-47s that have about 60 years of military service! From WWII to Belgium, France and Israel, these aircraft have had one heck of a service life. This one is a C-47B, SN: 43-49531. For it's age, it looks to be in fantastic shape!

Attachments

• DSC_2186.jpg
    DSC_2186.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC_2188.jpg
    DSC_2188.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_2195.jpg
    DSC_2195.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_2198.jpg
    DSC_2198.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_2200.jpg
    DSC_2200.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 97
I'm not sure how involved the restoration is going to be, but they flew it down from Canada, and said that the oil burn rate was excellent and it ran like a champ. I am guessing they will be redoing the inside and probably a new paint scheme. Since I am in Camarillo often, I can keep tabs on the progress of this one.

Great pics and great news! I just love the 'Dak', maybe it's something to do with it being the first aircraft I ever flew in, but I could stand (actually, sit these days, hurts too much to stand!) and stare at one all day. When I think, as a youngster visiting my local airport, I used to take them for granted, to an extent, when most of them were ex-military with WW2 service records!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back