CANADA BANS 1500 TYPES OF ASSAULT WEAPONS IMMEDIATELY (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I kept up with firearms pretty well.
I didn't know there was 1500 varieties of assault weapons out there.

Unless they're counting some that were already banned because they are full automatic.
I know you can finish a AR-15 with a almost endless variety of options, as a pistol or rifle, different barrel lengths, different calibers, different accessories, etc.
Maybe they're treating each variant of a AR as a different weapon .

Will the real assault weapon, please stand up.

1588464881601.png

1588464900974.png

1588464948036.png

1588464983203.png

I've got a AR-7, they come with 3-8 round clips, and it all breaks down and stores in the stock.

I found one of the aftermarket 15 round clips, it was a piece of junk wouldn't feed dependably.

Matter of fact, I've found that to be true with a lot of aftermarket high capacity magazines, unless you spend high dollars,they're usually junk.

I know modern gun nuts consider using the term clip to describe a magazine as heresy, back in the 60's and 70's when I was in the military both terms were interchangeable.

I know you can finish a AR-15 with a almost endless variety of options, as a pistol or rifle, different barrel lengths, different calibers, different accessories, etc.
Maybe they're treating each variant of a AR as a different weapon .

Pretty much. There are 57 different models of "Colt" in the list, all are some version of the M-16/AR-15.
Now throw in all the "clones" (hundreds?) and how many different weapons are they really banning? A couple of dozen actual different types (actions)? Not anywhere near as impressive a headline.

Cost to implement maybe hundreds of millions, but there never seems to be enough money for better mental health or more funds for police, border patrol/customs?

They have given up on stopping/preventing such attacks, they are just trying to limit the damage/death toll in any one attack.

I know modern gun nuts consider using the term clip to describe a magazine as heresy, back in the 60's and 70's when I was in the military both terms were interchangeable.
My stepdad, who was a Marine (Korea combat vet) used to refer to a mag as a clip on occasion.
From what I understand, the term "clip" held over to detachable magazines from the days of feeding box mags with stripper clips.

And a funny story about gun-nuts and clips, a while back, I was at my local gun shop and asked the guy at the counter if my ordered clips were in and the guy said he'll go and check. While I was waiting, a couple guys behind me started snickering and one said "probably assault clips" and the other replied "and hi-cap, too".
The counterman returned with my order and I opened one box and removed the stripper with the 8x56r rounds (for my Steyr M95) attached and I turned to the two clowns and said "this is a real clip, live and learn, gents", smiled and brushed past them with their stupid look on their faces.

The SKS could be legal but the AK isn't shows a level of nonsense.

Main description of assault rifle is does it look scary. If it looks scary it is banned.

Sure you can remove the gas system and use it as a bolt action. No longer assault rifle then.

Maybe listed that way to close as many loopholes as possible ?

"No M'Lud, is not an AK-47 its actually an AK-M"

I used to work in retail (I was going to grad school more or less full time), and we had a price match policy on appliances and mattresses. Large retailers have agreements with manufacturers so that the different retailers would have models that differed only by a random change in model number; there would be no other difference except maybe a different font used on the information plate. Put specific models in a list of regulated weapons and the manufacturer need only make a trivial change, update the model number, and it's off the list. Dealers were doing the same thing with designer drugs in the UK: the laws were specific, so the drug dealers just changed the molecule; the new designer drug was legal, so no drug offense existed.

Whether Canada's law is effective or not is something only time will demonstrate.

The SKS could be legal but the AK isn't shows a level of nonsense.

Main description of assault rifle is does it look scary. If it looks scary it is banned.

Sure you can remove the gas system and use it as a bolt action. No longer assault rifle then.

Funny thing about "looking scary." Two years ago a fellow heard noises at his neighbor's house and looked out the window to find a drugged up fool stabbing his neighbor. He grabbed the scariest weapon in his house - an AR-15 - ran outside, and ordered the perp to stop. The neighbor survived, the perp was soon arrested, and no shots were fired.

Several years back a friend was bound to a military training facility on a dirt road through the Arizona desert. As he crossed a rise he noticed a suspicious truck pulled over miles ahead. My friend stopped on the rise and pulled out his binos to find an individual standing by the truck (hood up) watching him with his binos. My friend then pulled out his AR and rested it vertically on his hip. The fellow down the road quickly ran to the front of his truck, pulled his weapon from beneath the hood, closed the hood, and raced away. No shots fired, no hijacked friend, no dead friend. Scary is sometimes a good thing, like the sound of a pump shotgun when someone breaks into your house.

I don't own a gun, but I sure understand why so many do. The 2nd amendment says nothing about the need to hunt..

Cheers,

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back