"Canada First" Defence Procurement (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

timshatz said:
Most of it is political in nature. I have never heard anyone in the lower 48 badmouth Canada. It may happen further north, but the opinion far and away is that Canada is a good neighbor. No problems more than the odd pissing match for the last 200 years.

Most countries in the world have a long history of fighting with their closest neighbors. Not the case on our common border.

Very true I think on both sides of the border that we both think very much the same way. Both countries and people are good, the only negitive feels I think either way (for the most part) are very very small funny things. Much like comments you would say about your brother or cousin. As a whole I think both countries should be very happy with the relationship, we both could have a heck of alot worst neighbor.

Hunter368 said:
Much like comments you would say about your brother or cousin. As a whole I think both countries should be very happy with the relationship, we both could have a heck of alot worst neighbor.
VERY COOL!
This hit home to me when I used to live in Southern Ontario. Besides it seemed half the people there had brothers or cousins on each side of the border!!!

FLYBOYJ said:
VERY COOL!
This hit home to me when I used to live in Southern Ontario. Besides it seemed half the people there had brothers or cousins on each side of the border!!!

Exactly. The odd time we ***** about one thing or another about each other or poke fun at each other but it is much like family members do or old old friends do. I would not want any other neighbor more than USA next to Canada.

Having thee world super power beside you has its small negatives but all the positives waaaay out weight the few negatives.

IMHO

Am not sure about it but have heard that most of the world doesn't even bother differing between Americans and Canadians. Calls us all "North Americans".

Probably not the same with the English speaking countries but I could see that being the case with other languaged or countries in Africa, Asia or the middle east. Kind of like "Europeans".

Hunter368 said:
Exactly. The odd time we ***** about one thing or another about each other or poke fun at each other but it is much like family members do or old old friends do. I would not want any other neighbor more than USA next to Canada.

Having thee world super power beside you has its small negatives but all the positives waaaay out weight the few negatives.

IMHO

And all that was around 200 years ago. After the Revolution, a lot of the Tory Colonist went north to Canada to live. Not by choice in some cases but it was better than being hanged. The end of the Revolution brought more displacement in the Colonies than deaths. It was touch and go for both sides until after the War of 1812 (which a lot of Americans saw as an opportunity to invade Canada-which is where the small American Army was when the British burned Washington) when it kind of settled down. Things got testy again when the boundries were being set (almost had a fight out on an island near Vancouver right before the American Civil War) but once the borders were set, nobody seemed to bother with it again. No tossing this province or that state back and forth.

For a long time, it was the longest non-fortified border in the world. Still might be.

Sheila: Times have changed.
Our kids are getting worse.
They won't obey their parents;
They just want to fart and curse!

Sharon: Should we blame the government?
Liane: Or blame society?
Randy, Gerald, Stuart: Or should we blame the images on TV?

Sheila: NO! Blame Canada!
All: Blame Canada!
Sheila: With all their beady little eyes
And flappin' heads so full o' lies!

Blame Canada!
Sheila: We need to form a full assault!
All: It's Canada's fault!

Sharon: Don't blame me
For my son Stan.
He saw the darned cartoon
And now he's off to join the Klan!

Liane: And my boy Eric once
Had my picture on his shelf,
But now when I see him he tells me to **** myself.

Sheila: Well? Blame Canada!
Sheila: It seems that everything's gone wrong
Since Canada came along!

Blame Canada!
Man: They're not even a real country anyway!

Ms. McCormick: My son could've been a doctor or a lawyer, rich and true.
Instead he burned up like a piggy on a barbecue.
Men: Should we blame the matches?
Man: Should we blame the fire?
All: Or the doctors who allowed him to expire?
Sheila: Heck, no!

Blame Canada!
Sheila: With all their hockey hullabaloo
Liane: And that *****, Anne Murray, too.

All: [slowing] Blame Canada!
Shame on Canada!

For the
[normal] Smut we must stop, the trash we must smash.
The laughter and fun must all be undone.
We must blame them and cause a fuss
Before somebody thinks of blaming
Us!

:)

102first_hussars said:
Thanks for copying my sig Hunter :lol:

What??? Other than being a RCAF P-51 nothing is the same about it. Not even close to the same. Mine is from my home town, Winnipeg. Notice the "402 Winnipeg Bears", thats where I live. You own the rights for all RCAF planes or what? lol

Nonskimmer said:
Don't you mean a Mustang Mk.IV? ;)

Great sig by the way.

:lol:

Thanks Wayne, I tired for a home town feel. I tired for the more style / classic feeling vs the glitz pretty sigs (mostly b/c I can't do the glitz pretty sig :lol: )

We jumped ahead of a few people as we orderd the 4 C17's today with the first 2 deliveries slated for fall 2007 the photo for you hunter

Attachments

• winnipeg-13.jpg
    winnipeg-13.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 62
you do google earth for halifax harbour and you can see our sub in dry dock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back