canberra

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rickytractors

Airman
Apr 25, 2009
chatteris
Hi to all
Just to see if any body know any thing about CANBERRAS love to hear from any from the USA who still fly them. Please go to web site www.canberracrazy.co.uk good bunch of lads all the best.
Ricky

Last edited:
I grew up with Canberra's really, they were a common sight in the skies of NW Germany where my soldier father was stationed.
In 1973 I was watching them bombing over the sea of Cyprus near the Petra Tou Romiou (Aphrodites Rock)...as in the painting on my websites home page.
The big drama during that air exercise for the platoon of boy soldiers I was in though was a Harrier crash , pilot ejected after a fire warning.
We saw some of the salvage at the nearby RAF base on a visit late.r
The last time I saw then flying was poignant for me, I was on R R in London from N.I in Feb 1978, the ones I saw were doing a flyover for our battalions C.O...Lt.Col Cordon-Lloyd of 2nd Royal Green Jackets who had been killed in a Gazelle Helicopter crash in South Armagh.
There is quite dramatic footage of them on you tube in action with the Rhodesian air force.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back