Carrier operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DKoch

Recruit
Oct 2, 2023
Hi, new here. I am looking for manuals on "carrier operations", basically a training manual on how to takeoff and land on a WW2 carrier. I have found some stuff on youtube but nothing in print. I have searched this site, but found nothing, maybe someone knows where to look? For example, this picture below, may be from some training manual because I have not found this picture in any Hellcat manual.
Thanks,
DKoch

Attachments

• US_Navy_aircraft_carrier_landing_in_WWII_diagram.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 22
Darn

We now have two threads with exactly the same title - hopefully the mods can rename this one. I suggest Carrier Operations Manuals People are looking for

The new thread tittle was typed. For some reason it wasn't updated while creating the thread. Renamed.

That particular site (and many others that have the ~same screen format) are fake sites. They are phishing sites that use robots to capture the search words you use and then mirror them in a result so that you think you have found what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody. I guess it is really something hard to find, if it exists at all.

The drawing in the first post is from a 1980s (?) issue of The Hook, quarterly journal of the Tailhook Association. If you like aircraft carriers, you'll love The Hook.
Otherwise:
There's lots of online info, depends on how the search is phrased. Here's a handful:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXLtUONU4pc
(Shameless hype if permitted: I addressed the subject in my centennial history of CVs, "On Wave and Wing.")

Users who are viewing this thread