Cars that I'd.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Always wanted one of these, a '58 Eldorado, but I'd want a convertible, this one is for sale for a cool $200k.:

1958-cadillac-eldorado-seville.jpg

OOPS, two seconds of googling:

1958 Eldorado Convertible.jpg

No thank you, I'll stick to....

View attachment 776496
Probably the only Dodge product (other than the 1986 Chrysler-built Jeep Cherokee I owned from 1986-2002) that I would own.

Interesting history for this 1956 - purchased from the dealership by a newly-founded monastery (the Charterhouse of the Transfiguration) on Mount Equinox in Sandgate, Vermont - its original finish was Bermuda Coral-pink.

The brothers of the Order of Carthusians had purchased 7,000 acres at the top of Mount Equinox in Sandgate, Vermont, and they needed a workhorse to build the complex - which included the building of two hydroelectric dams to power their monastery.

53 years later, the monk (Brother Michael) who had cared for it since the purchase decided it needed to be retired, and told Gerald "Jerry" Mattison (at that time mountain manager and business director for the Carthusians) that he "should buy it" and stared at him until he agreed.

Since Jerry is a Vermont State Fire Warden, there was only one possibility for the restoration theme.

The full story is here: https://www.hemmings.com/stories/restoration-1956-dodge-power-wagon/

Attachments

• color-image-of-an-original-owner-service-certificate-and-a-key-fob-for-a-1956-dodge-power-wagon.jpg
    color-image-of-an-original-owner-service-certificate-and-a-key-fob-for-a-1956-dodge-power-wagon.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back