Cars

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I call fussy CC your parents fork out for a motor and you decide which one you want I would have been happy with a Lada if it had been free.

Ferrari vs Porsche

which manufactor make good quality car? I heard that Ferrari tend to break down in short period of time, Porsche on the other hand is very reliable and very civic in nature as well.

Royzee, you can upload more than one image in each post. Instead of hitting submit, press "Add Attachment."

Speaking of the lovely MC12, I have a poster of it on my wall... Very sexy!

Ferrari = sex on wheels

Porsche = less passionate sex on wheels, but it lasts longer.

"Ferrari = sex on wheels

Porsche = less passionate sex on wheels, but it lasts longer."

I wonder if car manufactoring reflects its people and their cultural characteristics. Italians are very sexy and passionate, and Germans are hard-working and dedicated to their professions.

How about Japanese? Germany and Japan are very similar countries. Both make great cars. And I think the recent market survey show that Japanese brands already surpass their German counterparts in terms of reliability and innovations. Most importantly, Japanese know how to make their cars cheap.

"yes- sweat shop wages.............. "

Well, Germany is the largest European investor in China, and VW, for example, had invested billions of dollars in Chinese factories and they are now the largest auto. brand in China. So, both Japanese and Germany take full adavantage of Chinese cheap labors. Although recently, German researchers warn that the technological gap between China and Germany may be gone within a decade or more.

Ferrari is definitely and always has been sex on wheels. However, they are handmade, a selling point which I don't entirely understand but seems to appeal to people with money. Porsches aren't necessarily slower than Ferraris; the 911 Turbo takes the 360's lunch money every time. (For a lot less money I might add). And don't forget the Carrera GT: ten cylinders of German oomph. The prancing stallions are definitely more exclusive and people tend to think they are higher performing, which many times they are, but Porsche is right on their heels. Plus, the 911 is one of the most dependable performance vehicles you can buy and Ferraris require constant servicing. Given a choice I'd choose a 911 Turbo over most Ferraris, save the Enzo.

Most people agree that Japanese carmakers have the best quality. My 1994 Toyota Corolla is 147,000 miles strong and still rolling.

Also, the Maserati MC12 is one of the hottest machines ever. If you look on the internet you can find all carbon-fiber pictures that make it look like a pissed off bat outta hell. Seriously, it looks like it would cut you in half sooner than look at you. It's too bad we'll never see them here in the States because they don't have airbags. We've got the Enzo though...drooool.

Chiron said:
Ferrari vs Porsche

which manufactor make good quality car? I heard that Ferrari tend to break down in short period of time, Porsche on the other hand is very reliable and very civic in nature as well.

Neither.

By an Ariel Atom

Check this out, some New Zealand company called Supercars Limited just made this bad boy

Price
$460,000 (projected) Production
--
Engine
5 liter BMW M5 V8 Weight
2643 lbs
Aspiration
natural Torque
--
HP
450 hp HP/Weight
5.9 lbs per hp