Cars

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but may I present to you, the greatest engine ever made. 8)

Attachments

• zmotor_596.gif
    zmotor_596.gif
    40.8 KB · Views: 618
The Jag is no longer a Jag it,s a Ford and at last they've improved the disgusting electrics on them that's why you couldn't give the things away in the past I've tried to sort out wiring problems on them in years gone by. Total nightmare worst electrics I have ever come across on a motor.
best Jag the SS, prettiest the E type and I'll go for the Ford V8 as the greatest car engine ever made

Attachments

• henry-ford-with-v8-engine_486.jpg
    henry-ford-with-v8-engine_486.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 568
  • jag-ecabrio-jr_140.jpg
    jag-ecabrio-jr_140.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 578
  • ss_jag_247.jpg
    ss_jag_247.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 570
Rover V8 is the best engine ever. Anything with a Rover V8 is a good car, because of the noise

VW flat 4? GRG, I thought you had taste. Air cooled engines...your joking? :lol:

Oh and by the way, has anyone else here stubled across www.sniffpetrol.com ? Its possibly the funniest site ive ever been on. I havent laughed so much at anything in ages...check out the archives too for older stuff.

so far almost every car mentioned in here looks like a piece of $h**:onlyamother: :sign3:

i really like maseratis like the mcc,m12, and birdcage conceptual

oh and the corvettes \:D/ an affordable pleasure :D

Attachments

• maserati-mcc-track-1024x768_202.jpg
    maserati-mcc-track-1024x768_202.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 548
  • maserati_birdcage_612.jpg
    maserati_birdcage_612.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 533
  • me412_183.jpg
    me412_183.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 531
  • maserati_mc12-9_131.jpg
    maserati_mc12-9_131.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 536
haha, nice, whats that thing packin, 520 hampster power under the hood?

I'm with CC on the Cerberra. To me though the greatest will always be the '69 Ford GT40.

the birdcage wasnt designed by maserati, it was designed by pininfarina. It certainly doesnt look like a maserati. The mc12 is a slick car.

For the first time in a while i'm proud to say the us has topped a ferrari with the gt in terms of speed and performance vs their new f430, however i'd have to say the italians have most everyone else beat... brits have nice cars, certainly better than alot of stuff americans make. although they seem to have more of a high price range to work with- the new corvette has 400 hp so you know they have to be slacking somewhere to keep the cost low-ish and aston and tvr have more liberty in building more expensive car. There are some smaller american manufacturers that take on the world's best like saleen with their s7.

and yes, the gt40 is probably the greatest car ever made...

I'm aware of that (I'm a certified Grade A car nut ;) ), but the MC12 serves as the basis for the ugly Birdcage, which was designed and built by Pininfarina, as you said...

D, the Porsche 962 is a better Le Mans-to-street supercar, in my opinion. 8)

I like the GT40 Mk.III better, it's British as well. British design team developed the old GT40. You get your Porsche and I'll get the Ford, and we'll street race...

...no matter the result, we'll still both win 'cos of the sexy cars. ;) :lol:

Sure, but I'll kick your ass while I'm barelling down La Sarthe in fully leather-appointed and climate controlled interior with DVD navigation and 5.1 surround sound at 404kph (251.034mph), after accelerating to 100kmh (62.13712mph) in 2.6 seconds (not 2.8), followed by a drive to the docks to get back home, since the car is fully street legal...

Owned. ;)

Ah, I can dream... Someday... :D

*Edits underlined or (in parentheses)*

Mk.III GT40s are street legal. ;) That's what the Mk.III was, it's the street car version. And sod all that luxury of music, I'd want to hear the roar of the engine.

In its day I quite liked the look of the Probe 16 but of course looks don't mean it can handle TVRs look good are unreliable and the arse end goes everywhere like the old Cobra. Mclaren F1 is on the lines of a GT40 really a road legal race car, but with better technology some of the US motors are pretty good to look at (except that revolting Crossfire) but have a tendancy to be let down by poor handling. Very good large bore lumps bit old fashioned (cast iron blocks on some and not even overhead bump sticks) but nevertheless well made.

Attachments

• enginefactory_140.wmv
    1.9 MB · Views: 61
  • probe_16_159.jpg
    probe_16_159.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 468
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back