Cars

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raw is better. Luxuries add weight...Thats why TVR are great. ABS? No. Airbags? No. Just a straight 6 engine, rear wheel drive and fibreglass body. 8)

Tupperware double yuk carbonfibres ok but glass fibre only works with plenty of layers like on yachts most plastic cars have two or three lay ups at most to keep the weight down and all the rest is just filler.

Just found this picture. Those of you in the know will find it unbelievably hilarious. I sure as hell did :lol:

Attachments

• adgolfgti_212.jpg
    adgolfgti_212.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 447
trackend said:
In its day I quite liked the look of the Probe 16 but of course looks don't mean it can handle TVRs look good are unreliable and the arse end goes everywhere like the old Cobra. Mclaren F1 is on the lines of a GT40 really a road legal race car, but with better technology some of the US motors are pretty good to look at (except that revolting Crossfire) but have a tendancy to be let down by poor handling. Very good large bore lumps bit old fashioned (cast iron blocks on some and not even overhead bump sticks) but nevertheless well made.

we take no responsibility for the crossfire, that's all german made with a chrysler logo... 8) i hear its pretty crappy. now whats this probe 16 thingy? looks interesting. yeah, even ford's new gt doesn't handle as well as ferrari's new 430. American cars are made to go fast in a straight line- i mean who would put an 8.3 liter v-10 in an american car? throw in a little curve in the road and you're dead at 185 mph. :)

True Agg. I used to go to Santa Pod Race Way I loved the top fuel drag cars only one engine for that job. A big mean US nitromachine.
The US Grandprix is on this weekend so we can all watch some motors that handle well 900bhp, 19000rpm, 3ltr V10 and sticks like shit to a blanket on the track with mad amounts of telemetric data transmitted. 150,000 readings per sec with the car at top speed fed to the pits for analysis. The cutting edge of racing technoledgy

In the words of Jeremy Clarkson's little bitch; "A corner is obscure to an American as a president who can write his own name"

haha, yes, very true... I actually saw a video of a rt/10 viper and a 360 riding up in the mountains somewhere, the viper lost its traction on a routine turn and tumbled down the side, a good 40 foot drop. no one was hurt but it doesn't give much faith in turning ability.

What a bloody farce that is I dont think F1 will be back to the US for a long while if I was a spectator Id be demanding my money back pronto. Michelin morons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back