Catalina Nose Art (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

AC-Jacko

Airman
Oct 16, 2008
I know these were hardly done ( not like the B17 and Lancaster crews) but odes anyone have a link or pictures of any Cat nose art at all?

No mate, no worries. Got a mate to design a 70th Annv tail flash so see how it goes. Will post when figure that out :shock:

Ok,this is what a mate did for the Squadrons anniversary next year. Not nose art but for for the tail. Will see how it goes against the others

11SQNAnnv2.gif

Catalina recently purchased at the Palm Springs Museum in California, formally a fire bomber in Washington.
Picture017-1.jpg

And the Catalina at the National Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio.
Canon002-1.jpg

Gday guys and gals,sorry for delayed posts. I have got some photos of the Catalina Room which is now operational for our maintainers to use. I will post the winning design for the tail flash as well in the coming days.

Catalianroomext.jpg

Catmemorialext.jpg

catavetsinternal.jpg

Catmemorailextvets.jpg

Last edited:
Found a couple this morning, will try and see if I can find more after work.

Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 324
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 254
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 346
Ok the winning design for the tail and nose has Felix the cat as this was on the Black cats that flew against the japs during ww2 hence the design awarded. The chequer feature will be around the engine donks as well (like the B17s, B25 etc) and will look unreal.

Last edited:
Try finding a USAAF Air Rescue unit page/s they flew the PBY called an OA-10 , also the US Navy had quite a few of the "Black Cat" units, I know one carried thier Squadron emblem under the main wing/fuselage juncture.
You might also want to try looking around this site- VP NAVY as they have a lot of the PBY units histories on thier site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back