Cessna 152 Stolen by 16 year old

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

you know is an airshow hoax? they usually have some stunt pilot play a drunk getting in a plane and taking off. this is just a variation....

That is exactly what it is. You can even hear the announcer talking in the background, and see the sound speakers in the view of the camera.

Many times it is a drunk guy steals it, or a kid who got in the plane and starts the plane by "accident".

Having said that, even a first time flyer is not going to fly the plane all over the place like that. I know I did not on my first lesson, and my wife did not on her first lesson...;)

Last edited:
So its like the annual Mephisto 'Ninja Parade' where none have been seen since its 1st year - something to sell column inches in the press to create that additional news coverage, following the adage 'any coverage is good coverage' ..apparantly.

Oh dear, the show organisers must be running out of ideas and abilities/funds to secure 'special/new/guest' A/C to ensure public attendance, since barnstorming and such antics are banned.

Last edited:
these are they guys who usually end up cracking up sometime in their career. we had the "drunk" doing his spiel at the local airshow many years ago on a VERY hot summer day. the asphalt runway was extremely hot and the density of the air coming off it it was not taken into consideration. since these guys do all their stunts at low level there isnt much ( actually nil ) margine of error. anyways he was juking up and down and when he attempted to pull out of a small dive over the runway he could get enough air under his wings and mushed in. luckily the toll was only a few casts and bruises. BUT i never forgot his performance did i??? lol

It's normally used just as a 'filler' at air shows, particularly at 'club' level, when the CFI will be the 16 yr old/robber/drunk etc. It fills in time between slot-time arrivals of 'acts' positioned elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back