CG-4A Glider

Micdrow

“Archive”
10,775
4,711
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Location
Wisconsin
Well I have'nt found a pilots manual yet but have found some nice manuals that go very well with the aircraft. So I started this form, maybe some one will find the pilot manual. Below are what the manuals are about.

1. Glider retrivial system
2. Glider Deceleration system
3. Glider Tow Ropes

Document's came from here. Silent Wings Museum

Picture from here
WACO CG-4A Glider, Vector Illustration Portfolio

Enjoy Micdrow
 

Attachments

  • Glider deceleration parachute.pdf
    Glider deceleration parachute.pdf
    9.4 MB · Views: 740
  • Glider retrieval system.pdf
    Glider retrieval system.pdf
    6.9 MB · Views: 704
  • Glider Tow Ropes.pdf
    Glider Tow Ropes.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 932
  • WacoGlider_CG4A.jpg
    WacoGlider_CG4A.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 906
Cool stuff! I work on the USAFA Sailplane program which has its roots back to WW2 - I'm going to share this stuff with some of those guys...

During WW2 CG-4A had a wing depart at the factory during a exhibition flight killing the company president and the Mayor of St. Louis!
 
Horsa I Pilot's Notes also available at Amazon.com.
Paul.
 
I actually own a copy, Just havent had time to scan it, been working way to much as of late, but it will be coming. I just like to keep Lancaster on his toe's.

Micdrow
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back