Check out these amazing pics!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice shots. Man the F-111 is a beautiful plane. Not sure I would like the Tiger pointing its 30mm cannon at me though. I would have thought they would have disabled and stowed it for that demonstration. Interesting.

An amazing A/C it's a strange day in Australia's aviation to know these Birds no longer reside in our arsenal. I was lucky enough to watch them do their practice runs alond the brisbane river in the lead up to this years river fire. Quite possibly the last time i will see them fly as a commisioned A/C. Cheers again for the trip down the lane as they say I was once lucky enough to see a full squadron strike with 500lbs during a live fire power demonstration for the prime minister. Whoa Bessie. you could see the shock waves travel over the surface towards you. 6 planes 8 pieces of ordanance each my goodness kiss your derriere ta ta. anyway cheers again

Dang, Super Pictures! I loved those of the F-111 dumping fuel and igniting it!

I have a 1/72 Hasegawa Ausie F-111 is my stuff to build. Someday! Maybe sooner after seeing those pictures!

Bill G.

I had a pro modeler build the Libya Raider for me.

DSC_8595.jpg

Evanglider:

"Some great shots there. I can remember when the F-111Fs roared out of Lakenheath like it was yesterday. Now they sit at Davis-Monthan...."

The Ausies bought a lot of our F-111s to fly and to use as spare parts. That is a much better fate than the smelter! I am glad to see someone still has faith in this old bird!

Bill G.

I had a crazy idea. I took a "trip" to D-M. I used the satellite view to scan the "Aircraft Graveyard".

It was interesting. I did see a few F-111s. What I did see was F-4s out the rear. I did see something that looked like the drone for the SR-71. I wish I could have gotten closer.

I am not sure how old these pictures are, but what the heck, it was fun!

Bill G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back